Final Specs

clevey

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I am curious about the video out rumors. Like the 8GB internal storage rumors, you would think it would have been mentioned in the press release. But screen shot of the pre-sale info signup (taken before the site was protected) does show some kind of jack on the left side of the phone under the volume controls.

Anyone who has seen the device know what that is?

I didn't notice a jack below the volume control, and don't believe there was one there. I suppose I may have missed it -- but don't think I did.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
As far as I understand it, ROM is the memory where apps are installed on Android devices. If this is the case does that mean that the 8 GB of Flash storage will just be for music/videos/pictures/etc? I was actually under the impression that ROM and flash memory were pretty synonymous, but after reading the spec post I am not totally sure.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
The Evo has the same screen as the HD2. But all those pixels make up (a lot) for not being OLED. :p

Personally, I can't wait to really try Super AMOLED.

they should have the same amount of pixels no? they're both wvga screens (800x480)

the dpi on the incredible should make it seem sharper though, since the density should be higher..

correct me if i'm wrong :)

I didn't notice a jack below the volume control, and don't believe there was one there. I suppose I may have missed it -- but don't think I did.

the jack below the volume buttons is the usb port for power/syncing.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
I am curious about the video out rumors. Like the 8GB internal storage rumors, you would think it would have been mentioned in the press release. But screen shot of the pre-sale info signup (taken before the site was protected) does show some kind of jack on the left side of the phone under the volume controls.

Anyone who has seen the device know what that is?

it's the microusb port for charging/syncing.

I was replying to a video-out jack question.... :)

better? ;)

scottandtisha

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
FM radio

I got a demo of the Incredible today. The demo DID NOT have a microSD card installed, yet it displayed 6.2gb available. Obviously there is 8gb onboard, and a microSD slot for additional storage. Sense UI was active AND Live Wallpaper was running. Somewhere in another thread someone questioned the presence of the FM radio.... that's there too. I was also absolutely shocked at the speed and quality of the camera.

So there IS FM??

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
So there IS FM??

Yep:

Voila_Capture37.png

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't know, EVO still has a 4.3" screen and 4G and confirmed HDMI out. They are close, but I still am putting the EVO on top. However, the Droid Incredible has surpassed the N1.

The Incredible has indeed surpassed the Nexus One. I am no longer checking for the Nexus One.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
ok i believe the 8gb of memory is the preinstalled memory card.. do u remember the moto droid mess it also stated 16gb memory installed but it actually was the 16gb memory card.. my question is if that is the case then why put in a 8gb not a 16gb?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
ok i believe the 8gb of memory is the preinstalled memory card.. do u remember the moto droid mess it also stated 16gb memory installed but it actually was the 16gb memory card.. my question is if that is the case then why put in a 8gb not a 16gb?

that discussion has been put to rest. look around in the forums, people who had held the device stated it shows having 6.xGB free with no sd card installed on the device.

Seeing as how the Droid can now install apps to the SD card, I don't think the Incredible will hold a candle to the EVO. The only thing the Incredible has over the EVO is Verizon.

until google implements this feature natively, running something like apps2sd on a rooted phone isn't going to be as useful (in the dept of app development) as having a lot of internal memory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol