New Service from Verizon?

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone gotten a text message from Verizon that states,
"FREE MESSAGE from VERIZON Please upgrade V CAST Apps. Select this link http://mobile.vzv.com/VCASTApps and the download will start immediately"?

It seems that Verizon is in the process of unifying email accounts through MyVerizon. I haven't done anything, but this was pushed originally to people that had DInc 2's. I have an OG DInc. Anyone else get the text yet?

adamm44

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I tried to log in to vcast before and after the upgrade and it gave an error saying unable to connect. Anyone else have this issue?

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I got the text msg this morning - I think its just marketing.

I haven't gotten the message myself (yet) but I agree, it sounds like marketing to me too. Sounds like a lot of people are having trouble installing the update, and even if I could install it without any problems there is no way I'm installing Vcast bloatware on my bloatware free CM7ised phone.

sURFNmADNESS

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Phone not currently rooted.

Got the msg yesterday but ignored, figured yet another hacker TXT. Tried to launch Vcast to see if it would connect and update but got failure for connection and update. Loaded the link and now icon is no longer named Vcast, Now it is just called Apps. It also prompts you on exit now from Apps to place an icon on your home screen. App seems to launch now but nothing catalogs out. Just gives Error: Unable to complete request. Thanks for updating a broken app V....... :-!

credo

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Vcast apps is a portal to buy ringtones, wallpaper, games, etc thru Verizon. It is not the Vcast that you use to watch shows. I find the Vcast apps to be useless on a smartphone.

Sent from my ADR6300

rberry88

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I've been rooted s-off since February on my Dinc and got the text yesterday. Didn't click the link since I've never liked the vcast apps.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless.