Droid Incredible FAQ's - Please Read Before Posting (Updated 5-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The following are frequently asked questions within the Droid Incredible forum. This page will be updated frequently, and suggestions are welcomed. Please PM me if you have a suggestion or would like to add additional content.

Android Central reviews

1. Our full review.

2. Unboxing and hardware hands-on video.

3. Software and Sense UI video walkthrough.

4. Spec fight! Incredible vs. Evo 4G vs. Nexus One!

5. Screen shot gallery.

Launch Information

1. Press Release.

2. Official Pictures.

3. Battery Cover Color.

Documentation:

1. User Guide.

2. Interactive simulator, user guide, and other FAQ's.

How to:

1. Automatically dial voicemail password.

2. Configure Email.

3. Add Custom Notification Sounds & Ringtones.

4. Perform a backup.

Known/Common Issues:

1. City ID nag screen.

If you do not see an answer to your question above, please use the SEARCH feature of the forums, to look for a solution, before starting a new thread.

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Android Central's Incredible Getting Started Guide

Jerry Hildenbrand, one of Android Central's top notch Writers, has put together this excellent Getting Started Guide, for new owners of the Droid Incredible. Topics include:

• What is Android?
  • Sense UI on your new HTC Incredible
  • Setting up your new Incredible
  • Applications
  • Accessories
  • And More!

I strongly encourage everyone to read this article, in addition to the forum stickies & other informative Android Central stories.

See you in the forums!

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Performing a Factory Reset

Option 1 - Via the phone settings:

1.) Press HOME > MENU, then tap Settings.
2.) Scroll down the screen, and then tap Privacy > Factory data reset.
3.) On the Factory data reset screen, tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.

Option 2 - Using the phone buttons:

1.) With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
2.) Wait for the screen with the 3 Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.
3.) Press VOLUME DOWN to select CLEAR STORAGE, and then press POWER.
When asked to confirm, press VOLUME UP.

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Copying Files To and From Storage Card

1.) Connect the phone to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
2.) When the Connect to PC dialog box appears, tap Disk drive, and then tap Done.
3.) On your computer, the connected phone is recognized as a removable disk.
4.) Navigate to this removable disk and open it.

Then do one of the following:

- Copy the files from the computer to the phone?s storage card?s root folder.
- Copy the files from the phone?s storage card to a folder in your computer or computer desktop.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Inside the Box

You will find the following inside the box:

* Phone
* USB cable
* Battery
* AC adapter
* Quick start guide
* RF brochure
* Product safety and warranty brochure
* 2GB MicroSD card

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
About ROM Storage On the Incredible

Taken from this article:

There's been a little bit of confusion regarding some of the specs of the Verizon Droid Incredible. Let's clear up on of them. On every info sheet we've received, ROM -- aka the place to which you can install applications -- is listed at 512 megabytes. When you dive into the phone settings on the device, however, you'll see listed 740MB of "phone storage."

So what gives? HTC now tells us that you can install apps to all of that space, which is a pleasant treat, indeed!

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Optimizing your phone?s battery life

When you’re on the go, it’s not always easy to charge your phone’s battery as often as you’d like. Follow these tips to extend the time between charges:

* Turn off wireless functions such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and data connection when you’re not using them.
* Do not use GPS satellites to determine your GPS location.
* Lower the screen brightness.
* Switch off screen animations.
* Cut down on activities such as Internet browsing. Wireless data consumes a lot of power.
* Avoid making very long phone calls or using the camera for extended periods of time.
* Consider carrying a spare battery for times when you can’t charge your battery for an extended period.
* Batteries gradually lose storage capacity over time. Consider replacing your battery after eight months to a year, or if you notice that the battery life is decreasing.
* Read this thread.

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Miscellaneous

Q. Does the Incredible have noise cancelling?

A. No.

Q. Should I use a screen protector?

A. Probably - this is a personal decision.

Q. Does the FM radio require headphones?

A. Yes - the headphone wire acts as the radio's antenna.

Q. Does the Incredible support 802.11n?

A. Yes.

Q. How does the Incredible compare to the iPhone?

A. It's WAY better - enough said.

Q. Does the desk clock work in landscape & portrait modes?

A. Yes.

Q. Is voice dial supported over Bluetooth?

A. No it is not. This is an Android issue, that is supposed to be addressed in a future update.

Q. Does the Incredible support GAL?

A. Yes.

Q. Will the capacitive screen respond to my glove covered hands?

A. No.

Q. Can the Incredible be used as a WiFi hot spot?

A. No.

Q. Is it possible to tether the Incredible?

A. Yes. Search the market for an app called PdaNet.

Q. Does the Incredible's Exchange implementation support remote wipe?

A. No.

Q. Does the Incredible have assisted and satellite based GPS?

A. The Incredible has both A-GPS and full GPS satellite capabilities.

Q. Can the Sense UI be disabled and/or can I use the stock Android home screen?

A. Sense UI cannot be disabled. The only way to do this is to install another home screen app like Helix 1 or 2.

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Task Managers

A Warning About 3rd Party Task Managers:

Q: What is a task manager?

A: Task managers typically provide details about running programs and services on your Android device. These programs are called "Task Managers" because they also provide the ability to "Kill" and/or "Terminate" processes and services via the click of a button. In theory this sounds like a good idea, as programs running within Android typically do not include an "exit" or "close" feature. For resource management reasons, users typically turn to these applications as a way of controlling these applications manually.

Q: Why should I NOT use a task manager on Android:

A: For various reasons, task managers are known to cause a variety of problems. Critical services, processes, and applications are often unknowingly terminated, causing undesired behavior. The forums are filled with complaints of "program a" or "program b" not working properly, and half the time it's due to a task manager.

Before you post a question regarding a problem you're currently having with an application or other odd software related behavior, please ask yourself "Am I using a 3rd party task manager?" If the answer is yes, please try uninstalling first, and the try to reproduce your problem.

dr.duct_mossburg

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok, So I saw a few various things of people inquiring about putting media on the phone from their computer such as movies etc., So I figured I would write a little how-to for some of the folks that aren?t that computer/droid savey.

Step one is to download a converter (if your files are not already in MP4 format).

Free Video Converter - Any Video Converter Free Version - convert video to any formats, avi to MPEG, avi to MP4, flv to MPG

^^ It?s free, and it works good.

Once you have downloaded and installed that, do the following steps.

Step 1, Add your video content. Click on the ?add video? that the big red arrow is putting to, Go to the video location and double click to add. Or instead of going to ?add video?, you can simply drop and drag the file into the large white area.

step1.jpg

Step 2, Choose your format. For the video to droid you are going to want customized MP4 format.

step2.jpg

Step 3, Choose the video frame size. With mine, you can see that I?ve chosen 640x480. I haven?t really played with the frame sizes to much, but this is by default what the phone shot?s video in so I just went with that for now and it came out good.

step3.jpg

Step 4, Select Convert and let the program do it?s thing. Depending on your computer it could take 10-15 minutes, or 45 minutes-1hr. Be patient, eat a bowl of ice cream.

Step5.jpg

Step 5, Once your video has fully converted you can either..

A.. Right click and go to file location, or B.. Go to the converted videos and right click and go to file location.

step6.jpg

step7.jpg

So now you have your new completed file completed and ready to be put on your phone. I typically snap the source location file to one side (windows 7) and ill bring my memory card folder up on the other side.

If you don?t already know, Plug your phone in via usb, drag down the notifications bar, select the usb and select disk drive. After a few seconds your phone will pop up and you will select either the memory card drive, or the phone drive (depending which you are saving the movie to, f for the memory card, or G for the phone memory.)

Step 6.Create a folder within the phone for your movies like I did. This will keep your phone organized for future add?s. This will also keep things a little more organized in your phone. I saw some confusion in other post of where to drop movies and pictures to make them appear in folders within the phones menu. You simply make the folders OUTSIDE any of the existing files, and the phone will recognize it.

F Drive:
Fdrive.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

dr.duct_mossburg

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
G Drive:
Gdrive.jpg

Step 7:
Once you’ve made your folder, go inside it and snap the frame to the side to make it easier to transfer files, (if you have a lot of them at once.) Snap the other folder that you have open containing the new mp4 that you want to the other side. It’s simply drop and drag from here.

Step 8:

Watch your movie.

Hope this helps some people clear up any confusion, Good luck!

Reactions: Jack33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12