1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Facebook News Feed Flashing on and off?

Anyone else experiencing this issue with their Incredible? When I went to the newsfeed on my facebook app, it never fully loads, it just flashes on and off. I asked a friend that has a T-Bolt and he's not experiencing this problem.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Default Re: Facebook News Feed Flashing on and off?

Quote Originally Posted by jwehrer View Post
    Anyone else experiencing this issue with their Incredible? When I went to the newsfeed on my facebook app, it never fully loads, it just flashes on and off. I asked a friend that has a T-Bolt and he's not experiencing this problem.
    The Facebook app for Android is always a constant source of complaint. I've never been fully satisfied with it.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

ROM
    CM7 Nightly 148

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
    The Facebook app for Android is always a constant source of complaint. I've never been fully satisfied with it.
    Neither have I. The widget never works properly and the UI is horrible.
    Rooted Droid Incredible
    +CM7
    +MIUI Camrea
    +ADW Launcher EX
    +Launcher2
    +Vignette
    +Synergy Theme
    +Blue Gingerbread ADW Theme
    +Nexus One Boot Animation
    +Widgets. Lots of widgets.
    =Pure awesome.

Mine just started doing it today, ran fine for a few days but this was after I upgraded to 1.6.

This is on a Thunderbolt BTW, so it's not just phone specific.

UPDATE: If you clear Facebook's cache under the application settings, then log back it, it appears to fix it.
    Last edited by Bierich; 06-29-2011 at 02:02 AM.
    Thanked by:

Happened to me yesterday as well. Then checked again later and it was fine

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

My wife's Incredible did the same thing. I uninstalled the app and then re-installed it and it fixed the problem. That worked for about ten days and it started doing the same thing. I uninstalled/re-installed it again and that fixed it. It will be annoying if I have to do that every ten days.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

The problem is Facebook, and likely always will be.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

There's still a way to get to the old version of the feed. Just create a Facebook widget, and then tap the Facebook icon on the top-left of that widget and it should take you to the old style.
    Slink
    Follow me on Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Bierich View Post
    Mine just started doing it today, ran fine for a few days but this was after I upgraded to 1.6.

This is on a Thunderbolt BTW, so it's not just phone specific.

UPDATE: If you clear Facebook's cache under the application settings, then log back it, it appears to fix it.
    So glad you added that update Bierich, it worked perfectly. My OG Droid started flashing the News Feed section on and off a few days ago, annoying as hell. Clearing the cache then logging off & back on fixed it. Thanks for the tip!