1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid Incredible vs other Droid phones..

Hi everyone. I'm new here (obviously). Sorry for the long post..

My plan on Verizon was up for renewal back in March.. I had been looking at purchasing my first smartphone (the blackberry bold coming out for verizon).. then i heard about the HTC Droid Incredible.. read the specs.. looks like it would blow the BB out of the water.

Today I went to the store.. played with the Motorola Droid.. then played with some of the blackberries. I am def going to get an Android powered phone as my next phone. I REALLY like the motorola droid.. but i dont think i'd use the keyboard that much.

My question is.. do you all think the HTC Incredible will be as popular as the Motorola Droid? No one really talks about other Android powered phones out right now.. Eris.. Devour.. Backflip.. those are all kindda "ehhh" from what I've been reading. Good phones.. but not popular. I want a popular phone because later on the more popular it is.. the more tech support/communities online will be available just like the Motorola Droid. So does the HTC incredible have the potential to be the next popular android phone (like the Motorola Droid)?

I'm going to wait until the HTC Incredible comes out.. play with both.. but if it's not as great as people claim it will be. then ill just get the motorola droid because i know that phone is reallllly amazing.

i do believe the incredible will be as popular as the droid. it's fast, thin, and sense makes the experience much easier for the average user.

it'll be interesting to see how (if) vzw markets this as heavily as they did the droid though, i feel like that will play a big role in how many people hear about this phone that aren't tech enthusiasts.

but being that it uses the droid branding, even if vzw keeps with the same marketing they have, it should do well as i can see sales reps pushing this as much as they do a droid, which is something they don't really do for the other android sets on vzw.

as to your use, you have the right idea, play with both and see which one meets your needs better, you can't go wrong with either device, as they are both excellent handsets.

Depends on how much money Verizon spends on advertising.

The HTC Incredible is not much different from the HTC Nexus One. The Nexus One has received zero TV advertising and sales are tepid at best.

i have a feeling they are going to push the droid brand, and it'll be up to in store advertising by visual posters and sales reps that will push out the device.

maybe they'll switch the device in the droid ads to the incredible.
    tkk

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by killswitchX13 View Post
    If Verizon doesn't push the Incredible much it can mean only one thing...

Verizon iPhone this summer!
    Perhaps But from the specs and hands-on reports of the DI, you'd think it would blow the iPhone out of the water. I'm not getting the VZW/htc marketing strategy here!

wait for it. verizon didn't do a whole lot with the droid before it was released either.

for the general public, it doesn't make sense to advertise something you can't go get after seeing the ad. it generally leads to frustration.

even apple, who generally has a huge demand for anything they release (whether it's deserved or not is another subject) they don't have commercials for their products until you can go get them in the store.