Incredible Review Thread

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
We would love to hear from members as they start to receive their Incredibles! Please share your thoughts and opinions in this thread. External reviews start at post #2 and the first user review comes from member fillossofer at post #11.

Our very own Phil Nickinson did a great job of posting an Incredbile review, software walk through, & unboxing video last night.

Engadget also released this review that - in my opinion - was extremely favorable. They even pointed out several aspects of the Incredible that they felt were better than the iPhone, and they absolutely raved about the speed and functionality of Sense. The photos they took of the Incredible are absolutely stunning and made me feel confident in my decision to make this my next phone.

Both are worthwhile reads. So before we get our hands on our own Incredible's, please share your opinions on the reviews you're read thus far, and share any others you find as you scour the net. Feel free to also comment on the above reviews as well!

Cory

Last edited:

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
the only completely worthless review i've read so far was from gizmodo.

but being that there isn't a half eaten fruit on the back of it, it wasn't a big surprise that they wrote what they did. (they didn't even review the call quality of the phone, in a PHONE review)

i swear, that site gets more worthless by the minute.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I would agree with that. They have yet to produce a positive review on anything that wasn't iPhone related.

Adiliyo, based on all your posts, I think you might be as crazy for this phone as I am!

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
I do without a doubt haha.. I'll check out the BGR review. They can be a little tough sometimes as well. It's good to read different perspectives though.

i'm all for reviewers being tough.

it's fairness and a limitation of bias that are really important to me.

so i'm okay with a bad review for something i like, so far as the product merits the bad review.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm guessing that's soft rubbery feel is what the reviewers are calling plasticky. I actually love that feel. It reminds me of the HTC Touch, which felt great in the hands.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i second the love for soft touch plastic. it masks fingerprints, adds grip and doesn't show scratches.

what else could one want?! :)

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I was hoping to get reviews from ACTUAL users that received their phones early yesterday. Those reviews are the true test for me on whether I purchase one out of contract or not.

Bryan

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
24-hours with the Incredible from an Android noob

I was one of the lucky ones to get my Incredible yesterday, so I've just finished my first 24-hours with the device. My last phone was a BB Storm and the phone before that a Motorola Q (both first gen, so I deserve this Incredible). I had no experience with Android before yesterday. Here are my initial observations in no particular order:
The phone is not heavy. I think that is why some people might think it feels plasticy, but I think the fit and finish is superb, and the overall construction solid. The screen is excellent, but very hard to see outside. Maybe there is a setting for brightness that could help outdoors, but I have mine set to automatic so I'm assuming it is boosting brightness when I take it outside. The camera shoots fast, and the pics look great so far. Videos shoot and playback great. I haven't played with all the settings yet, but they seem very easy to use. I was extremely impressed with the setup of the device. My office uses Google Apps, so I'm sure that eased some of the pain, but within seven minutes I had my work and personal email set up, and my calendar and contacts synced. I entered a few user/pass combinations for various sites and it set up my facebook and started matching my contacts with their facebook profile pics. I popped my SD card straight out of my BB and into the Incredible and bingo, photos, videos and music were all sorted out. A friend called me and immediately asked if I got a new phone! I said yes and he said it sounded ten times better than my Storm. Last night I played with some of the stock apps and voice to text input and it is amazing. Downloaded some stuff from the App market like Google Sky Maps and that is downright incredible (you didn't think I'd make it all the way through this without one, did you?). Today is the first day I can test battery life, so I will hold off on judgment for now. Being used to keeping an eye on my memory resources on the Storm, I'm kinda interested to see how much what I'm doing is taxing the device, but I haven't figured out a way to do that yet. I'm trying to tell myself not to concern myself with that, as I haven't experienced any slowness, lags or anything but pure speed. The browser is the biggest single improvement over the Storm. It loads quickly, renders properly and has had no issues with any of the sites I've visited yet. I didn't realize until I maxed it out, that it has multiple browser windows. The optical trackpad works very well. I still don't know how much I'll use it, as the touch is perfection, but I do like having the option. My wife and daughter just loved how my phone had rain drops on the screen yesterday because it was raining outside yesterday - which I also didn't have to set up. I just allowed it to do location based stuff and it put the weather on the home screen.

I know there is a ton of stuff I haven't even discovered yet, much of it probably stock Android, and as for that, I can't wait. This thing is miles beyond BlackBerry.

I did already break a small piece of plastic that surrounds the USB port. BE CAREFUL inserting the cable, as the plastic surround piece is tiny. I'm probably just a dolt, but clearly that area of the phone will get abused over time, so I think that piece should have been made more sturdily.

Feel free to reply with any specific questions you have.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair