Will it get rooted?

durangojim#AC

Banned
Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Seeing as how the Droid with 2.1 hasn't been rooted yet, what's the likelyhood the Incredible will? I really want to be able to use wireless tethering.

kentoe

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
This is actually what is making me on the fence about pre-ordering. I really want to know if I can root it and use a custom rom such as cyanogen on it.

kentoe

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I haven't heard of any tenured Android device that hasn't been rooted.

Oh okay, well that's good to know. One of the major things that's holding me back is not being able to root the incredible. I just lack the customization on my current LG Dare and loved the customization of cyanogen on the nexus one. I really want the customization on my future first smartphone.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Oh okay, well that's good to know. One of the major things that's holding me back is not being able to root the incredible. I just lack the customization on my current LG Dare and loved the customization of cyanogen on the nexus one. I really want the customization on my future first smartphone.

Then the safest thing is to wait. I can't say for sure one will be out, but I am almost positive there will be.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i agree, in time, this will be rooted as well.

it might take a while though (it took a long time for the eris to get root) but maybe since this phone will be far more popular, more developers will work on it getting root.

kentoe

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Then the safest thing is to wait. I can't say for sure one will be out, but I am almost positive there will be.

i agree, in time, this will be rooted as well.

it might take a while though (it took a long time for the eris to get root) but maybe since this phone will be far more popular, more developers will work on it getting root.

Okay, thanks guys. Gahh I just can't wait any longer for a new phone

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The N1 was rooted almost instantly & I expect there will be plenty of developers out there anxious to crack the code on the Incredible too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE