Incredible and Exchange

sfingold

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Excuse me if this is a dumb question but I can't seem to find the answer. Will the incredible support full exchange active sync i.e.. calendars and email and contact. Is the email push similar to the iPhone?

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
What about calendar, have heard it is iffy?

well the only experience i've had is with the Motorola Droid and that calendar worked fine. again, i think it depends on your sys admin, what version of Exchange you are running, and what options they have set. for me....and the employees....it worked great and still does after 2.1 droid upgrade.

borg_cube

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Excuse me if this is a dumb question but I can't seem to find the answer. Will the incredible support full exchange active sync i.e.. calendars and email and contact. Is the email push similar to the iPhone?

From what I have read--the HTC SENSE UI has a full active syn client...so if the HTC runs SENSE-- you get full Exchange....not true on other ANDROID phones like the Nexus One. Here is the text from the Verizon Incredible User Manual:

Synchronizing with a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account
You can only add one Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account on your phone. You can sync with Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2) or later.
Press HOME > MENU, and then tap Settings > Accounts & sync.
Tap Add account > Exchange ActiveSync.
Enter the Exchange ActiveSync account details, and then tap Next.
Your corporate Exchange Server must support auto-detect for the phone to automatically set up the Exchange ActiveSync account. If your corporate Exchange Server does not support auto-detect, you will need to enter your Exchange Server settings after you tap Next. Ask your Exchange Server administrator for details.
Select the types of information you want to synchronize, and then tap Finish setup.
Managing your accounts
Changing general sync settings
Select or clear the following:
Background data. If this is selected, applications can send and receive online account information even if you are not currently using them.
Auto-sync. If this is selected, applications can use the sync schedule defined in the account settings. If this is cleared, you will need to sync accounts manually. For instructions on doing this, see ?Synchronizing an account manually? below.
Changing account settings
You can change settings such as the sync frequency and the types of information synchronized, the kinds of notification you receive, and the way that account information is displayed.
Tap the account that you want to edit.
Edit the account settings.
Synchronizing an account manually
Tap the account that you want to sync.
Tap Sync now.
Removing an account
You can remove an account to delete it and all information associated with it from your phone, for example messages, contacts, or settings. Removing an account does not delete information from the online service itself.
You cannot remove some accounts, such the first Google Account you signed into on the phone, except by deleting all personal information from your phone with a hard reset. For instructions on doing this, see ?Performing a hard/factory reset? in the Backup, update and reset chapter.
Tap the account that you want to remove.
Tap Remove account, and then confirm that you want to remove the account.

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Exchange Signature

What I am interested in on the Exchange sync is whether or not HTC will let you insert your signature when sending emails. On my Moto Droid, the stock email works fine with Exchange, but it won't let you add a signature. So I purchased the Touchdown app and that allows a signature. Would be cool if the HTC software allowed the signature.

Bryan

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
What I am interested in on the Exchange sync is whether or not HTC will let you insert your signature when sending emails. On my Moto Droid, the stock email works fine with Exchange, but it won't let you add a signature. So I purchased the Touchdown app and that allows a signature. Would be cool if the HTC software allowed the signature.

Bryan

I just posted a link to the spport page for the Incredible. According to page 97 of the User Guide, you can indeed customize your signature.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes, on the Incredible you can customize your own signature. I have 2 gmail accounts and 1 Exchange account and have different signatures for each account. The issue I'm having now is my Exchange email works great for about a week, then I can no longer receive emails. I can send but not receive. This can be "resolved" by deleting and then adding the account back in. When I look in "accounts & sync", and then "Exchange ActiveSync" I have an error message saying "error occurred on the computer running the exchange server". I call our corp help desk only to be told "we don't support active sync". Any other Exchange admins out there have any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1