Ask us about the Verizon Droid Incredible

silviak93

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
How does the Incredible compare to the current iphone, or even to the 4.0 OS update due for the iphone this summer? If VZW does get the ican't... i mean, iphone... do you think it could de-throne the Incredible?

In my "personal" opinion the Incredible is leaps and bounds above the current iPhone 3GS.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes it will be the same. MicroUSB

NIKSTROM you will enjoy the hell out of this phone. I was a died hard BB and a former crackberry but I will NOT look back again.

i am super exited about this....i have been using my bb and crackberry to hobby around with...its not time consuming and its a brain vacation but what i used to call fun (getting my storm to work flawlessly) is now just making me crazy...i cant wait to start all over again....and android central crowd sem cool so big score.

p.s. crackberry is great...blackberry not so much

silviak93

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
the bigest questions are

will it come with wireless n?
will it come with video output? i believe i was the first one to bring it up on androidforums that i saw a videou output accesory on their release package. seems to be video output through the 35.mm jack
Will it come with a micro sd card?
will it support 32gb micro sd?

No wi-fi N support

video output capable, yes. Will work through the charging port I "believe."

no microSD preinstalled, it's got 8GB on-board LOL

jcmyers79

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I can't imagine the relationship with Google and HTC can be that great when HTC comes out with two smokin' devices (Incredible and Evo) right after the Nexus One. I mean Google is struggling to sell this thing as it is and then HTC comes out with two devices that completely trump the Nexus One. I would think there would be some sort of non-comp agreement. Anything on the grapevine?

silviak93

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
i am sure that one of these threads have the answer to this question,, but i am in incredible overload and cant read anymore.
when texting or inputting any info can i use the keyboard in both portrait and landscape? like i can with my storm

Yes and voice-to-text anywhere text can be entered

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Can the screen be used with gloves on or does it require actual skin contact? I was thinking about having to answer the phone with gloves on. Also, since I am new to android, can anyone show a picture or two of looking up contacts and dialing while using android 2.1? Sometimes those things are missed because everyone assumes that the people interested in this phone are coming from another android phone. I have the Samsung omnia right now but would like to move to android.

No, you cant use gloves. The screen is capacitive and must be used by your finger.

For dialing and contacts, there is a large phone button on the home screen, you push it, numbers pop up and so does your contacts at the top. You just scroll through the list at the top to sell all contacts. There is also an app you can choose that will show you all your contacts in the app menu.

silviak93

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
How does the actual screen width compare in the following picture:

thumb_450_htc-verizon-droid-incredible-19.JPG

3.7" just doesn't tell the whole story. I have trouble reading forums in portrait on the DROID, yet the Nexus One puts a smile on my face. From the image there and judging by the specs of the overall size, I'm fearful the Incredible's actual "usable area width" is as small as the DROID. So would you mind measuring all three? Thanks!

When looking at the device as they sit in the above picture the N1 screen is slightly wider. When in landscape mode this would mean the N1 screen is slightly taller.

The N1 and Incredible screens are very close in resolution based on the naked eye.

ncc

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
First time poster here..

We get it ... You guys have questions. First things first: Check out all of our official coverage here. And if you still have questions, ask 'em in this thread, and we'll do a roundup of answers in a few days.

Hey Phil, I have a few quick questions about this phone's specs.. I want to know if it'll b receiving the updates from Google or Verizon. It says on the Verizon website that it'll receive updates from Google. Could you verify this. Here's the link to the Verizon spec sheet..

Enter your location

Another question is about Gmail. Is this similar to the blackberry setup? (I currently have a curve 8330) I've always beens holding out for the Verizon N1 but after seeing this, it's pretty tempting to ditch my BB from the StoneAge.. I think the N1 is being delayed because their replacing the screens with the new one (incredible) and updating the software.

I wanted the stock android setup (N1) but not sure now.. I really just want to throw my BB out the window.. lol. Which phone do u prefer??

Last question, will the incredible have the desktop dock like the N1?

Thanks,

hubdju

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Mail Setup

I have a small business and am running Google Apps mail and a few Gmail accounts. I only use Google "products" for my e.mail. Google Apps + Android appears to be a solution in simplicity for me, but I have several set-up questions.

NB: I am currently using a Blackberry Pearl (8130, VZW) -- stop laughing.

I understand that when I first "sign on" to the Incredible that I will have the option of associating the phone with a specific Google-based e.mail account. I have seen conflicting information amongst the reviews and am wondering:
1. Can I use the Incredible's native e.mail app to associate the phone with a Google Apps e.mail account (ie, NOT a Gmail account)?
2. Does the Incredible have a unified Inbox similar to the BB, whereby mail from my Google Apps e.mail and 3 other Gmail accounts would be aggregated -- just like the BB -- in a single Inbox view?
3. If the answer to #2 is "yes" then how does the Inbox mark mail from different accounts?
4. Will the Incredible's native calendar sync with Google Apps calendar?
5. Will the Incredible's contacts "manager" sync with Google Apps contacts?

Thank you for the responses!

droidme

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Will I be able to use the Incredible with WIFI before activating with Verizon?

I pre-ordered my DROID online but would like to gain some familiarity with it before switching over to it completely. Will I be able to use it with WIFI before activating it with Verizon? That way I could test out many of the features and get my Exchange email working, etc. before saying the final goodbyes to my Palm Centro. Has anyone been able to something similar with previous phones?

Thanks

Limjelo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Picasa

How, if at all, does the phone integrate with Picasa? Will my albums from Picasa automatically show on my phone or is there an integrated Widget that allows an easy view?

strauss884

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm on a family plan with some spare upgrades, that my family doesn't use. I got an Eris in November, is it worth the $200 to upgrade to Incredible over Eris.

gecko

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
has the introduction of this phone resolved the problem of being on a call and needing to look at the map/get online etc...
everyone knows it will multitask but will it run voice AND data at the same time?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800