Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,161 Global Posts

Default Ask us about the Verizon Droid Incredible

We get it ... You guys have questions. First things first: Check out all of our official coverage here. And if you still have questions, ask 'em in this thread, and we'll do a roundup of answers in a few days.

ROM
    CyanogenMod 7.1

Might sound awkward... But, how does the phone feel in the pocket?

Can the Sense UI be disabled similarly to the Desire?

Is this phone rooted???

Besides the earpiece, are there any other red accents on the front of the phone?
    Slink
    Follow me on Twitter!

When would you estimate that the Incredible would be replaced?

I'm wondering this because I'm unsure whether or not to upgrade my plan, go on a 3-month provisional period, and then grab the phone.

Thanks!
    High Five Champion

ROM
    CM9 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by purevenge View Post
    Yes. I have the eris and all htc phones with sense can have it disabled. Just go to the system settings, manage application, go to htc sense and "disable default" the regular android home will show up then.

Quote Originally Posted by purevenge View Post
    To add to this, please "disable" Sense in whatever way is possible (not rooted) and show us what it looks like in it's "vanilla" Android form on the Incredible.

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts

1. is there noise canceling?
    2. can you do a comparison photo of something on the N1 vs the Incredible (same resolution)?
    3. is volume on voice calls louder on the Incredible?
    4. speakerphone better than N1?
    5. can you run the screen test thingy that they used to compare the iPhone, Droid, etc. the one with the X pattern? Would be really nice to know which touchpanel this has.
    6. A2DP streaming over bluetooth work OK?
    High Five Champion

ROM
    CM9 Nightlies

I want to know how much the phone will cost w/out a plan? I am not eligible for an an upgrade but yet I'm still interested in it.

Quote Originally Posted by twinturbostang View Post
    To add to this, please "disable" Sense in whatever way is possible (not rooted) and show us what it looks like in it's "vanilla" Android form on the Incredible.
    it would be interesting to see what the stock launcher looks like on this, if it's the 5 home screen 3D app drawer N1 variant, or of the 3 home screen "old" app drawer droid variety...

Quote Originally Posted by dannychaos View Post
    I want to know how much the phone will cost w/out a plan? I am not eligible for an an upgrade but yet I'm still interested in it.
    According to Verizon's website, full retail is $529.99.

Phil,

Can you confirm with 100% certainty that the MicroSD is expandable to 32gb? I've heard 16gb and 32gb but I would like to hear the final answer on this. Also, I know you are a busy man but if you have a chance to upload a quick minute long video of Sense with the Nexus live background running, that would be great. I'm curious to see if the system gets laggy and bogged down or not.

ROM
    4.1.1 with Sense 4+

I'm curious what you think about the feel of the phone. One reviewer commented that the phone felt much lighter than others (Droid, Nexus One) and felt "plasticky." I'd like to get your general impression on how substantial the phone feels. I'd like to pre-order, but I want to make sure the device had a good build quality.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewdlyons View Post
    I'm curious what you think about the feel of the phone. One reviewer commented that the phone felt much lighter than others (Droid, Nexus One) and felt "plasticky." I'd like to get your general impression on how substantial the phone feels. I'd like to pre-order, but I want to make sure the device had a good build quality.
    yup, i'd like some info around this as well. the only negative ive heard is the build quality of the device compared to other smart phones. does the device feel cheap in the hand? i'll be coming from a tour and the build quality is nice, but obviously lacks all the awesome features that the incredible offers.

Do you think a screen protector (zagg) would be a good idea?

Is a day really the max one could get out of the battery (from what I've been reading that seems to be the max)? I'm new to smartphones so I have no idea. Any suggestions or tips on how to eek out a couple more hours?
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Can I run the helix launcher but still keep friend feed and other sense items

Global Posts
    288 Global Posts

Is the new screen panel as scratch resistant as the one used in the N1? Time for another key scratch test...

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

1. Also interested to hear about battery life. I get 2 days at least on my Storm 1 that is a year or so old. If battery life is poor, what would the 2100 extended battery provide in terms of power, and would it affect the back of the case?

2. I'm not familiar with Flash Lite. Is FL/Incredible's browser capable of changing rosters and viewing lineups in Yahoo Fantasy Baseball? (Since Y! still hasn't released an app on Android).

3. If you disable/remove Sense (not sure what the proper term is, first post here and a BB user...), what does it look like? Vanilla Android? Would that be capable of being upgraded? Saw some questions about people worrying that Sense wouldn't be updated or would be delayed to get updates by HTC/VZW.

Thanks!

Edit: I'm also reading that .gif files won't animate on Android. So radar maps for weather don't work.

True?

Default For those of you who have handled the Incredible

Does the Incredible feel cheap and flimsy in the hand? I want to make sure that it doesn't feel like a children's toy. Looks great!

Thanks,
    Ruben

Quote Originally Posted by draken View Post
    Is the new screen panel as scratch resistant as the one used in the N1? Time for another key scratch test...
    it should be as resistant as the N1 and iphone, but not as resistant as the droid.

Quote Originally Posted by socarwolverine View Post
    Is a day really the max one could get out of the battery (from what I've been reading that seems to be the max)? I'm new to smartphones so I have no idea. Any suggestions or tips on how to eek out a couple more hours?
    a day of average use is par for the course nowdays, but it really depends on your usage. also, most of the batteries charge pretty quick, so if you have access to USB ports or chargers througout the day, a little bit here and there helps a lot.

that being said, on my droid, eris, and imagio i could get a day and a half MAX if i didn't use them too much.

simplest answer for this is to have a spare battery, or buy the bigger battery that will inevitably come out.
    Regular lawnmower man...

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Can most apps access the internal storage? Engadget was having trouble getting Nesoid to read ROMs from it.

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

How does the actual screen width compare in the following picture:

3.7" just doesn't tell the whole story. I have trouble reading forums in portrait on the DROID, yet the Nexus One puts a smile on my face. From the image there and judging by the specs of the overall size, I'm fearful the Incredible's actual "usable area width" is as small as the DROID. So would you mind measuring all three? Thanks!

Does anybody know if the screen quality is the same as the Nexus one? I'm hoping it isn't.
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast