Went from excited to INCREDIBLE dissapointed.....

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I have been VERY excited, but now I am reading there wont be a car, or multimedia dock like my droids. I travel(drive) a average of 30-40 hours a month for work, and LOVE the auto car dock mode on my droid! I sold my PNA because the Droid did such a wonderful job! I've seen the pics of that cheap vertical dock, and imho its crap! I have also read, and seen in videos that htc's car panel won't rotate to landscape! Why? Any input for me guys? Thanks!

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Whoa. Where are you reading that? Why wouldn't there be docks?

I have been VERY excited, but now I am reading there wont be a car, or multimedia dock like my droids. I travel(drive) a average of 30-40 hours a month for work, and LOVE the auto car dock mode on my droid! I sold my PNA because the Droid did such a wonderful job! I've seen the pics of that cheap vertical dock, and imho its crap! I have also read, and seen in videos that htc's car panel won't rotate to landscape! Why? Any input for me guys? Thanks!

ptb127

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
The phone hasn't even been released yet. Isn't it a bit premature to be saying there won't be a car dock or anything like that?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I would think so also. If HTC doesn't offer one I'm sure there will be some 3rd party options. With all due respect, I wouldn't read to much into that blog post.

draken

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Yep, just give it some time. How long after the N1 was out until Google released their own car dock? Don't expect it on launch day, but a month or two after we should see an official one, and many 3rd party ones will already be out by then. You'll have options.

kdwg927

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I have read that in one of the reviews, that the car app only work vertically, not in horizontal mode. Obviously, google maps works both ways, but I am kinda curious why HTC did this. Also, I have seen the vertical car dock and it makes no sense to me, why not have a dock like the droid, or <drools> the N1?

BTW, I have a Droid and already pre-ordered my incredible. Cant wait :), I love new toys!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance