force close?

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
yea with the new 2.0 on the droid N1 and incredible task killers def. are not needed any longer

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
with the amount of free memory on the incredible especially, you really don't need a task killer.

android 2.x is also supposed to be able to manage memory far better than 1.x

BadPeekSell

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I would imagine some apps umm, crash sometimes? or rather stop working and keep hanging in the "working" stage... thus taking up memory. In cases like that I'd use a task killer app, surely.

BadPeekSell

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I also understand the notion of having lots (LOTS) of memory and not needing to use taskkiller or similar apps, but I personally like to have my phone, and pc for that matter, absolutely clean of any unnecessary processes. Yeah with gigs of memory you shouldn't notice any decrease in performance, but that does not mean some "garbage" is not there :)

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
there is a way to force close unresponsive or lingering apps built into 2.x, so you don't need a task killer.

but there are plenty on the market if you so desire. :)

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
also, even if you close an app with a TK, the OS will load up apps on its own, supposedly it learns what you use and tries to anticipate your needs so that when you inevitably click on the app, it opens faster.

i'd try going without it, and if you have issues then install one.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
yea hasnt it been determined that task killers are the reason live wallpapers would quit working on the droid?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci