Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    PowerWashed EH09/EC09

Default samsung weatherbug clock widget

currently toying with comrom 2.1 and i was wondering if anyone knows if or how i can install JUST the weatherbug clock (and yes i know that it's not great for battery life but i miss it. )

any link or help would be greatly appreicated.
    "Rule # 1. Dont panic. I started with rule number one because that seemed the logical place to start. However i had nothing to panic about, so i just looked silly. We wont talk about that." - gunnermike53

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Belly

Default Re: samsung weatherbug clock widget

Unless something really changed between 2.0 and 2.1, I'm afraid the answer is most likely no. I like that widget also, and I've tried to install it by just clicking on the apk after putting it on my SD card, and nothing. Also tried using root explorer to put it in the system/app folder and it doesn't show up that way either. If there is a way to get it to install, I don't know what that is...
    Android: If it ain't broke, you haven't flashed nearly enough stuff yet...

Global Posts
    961 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10/Devil

You need to get the apk from a deodexed version of a stock rom and place it in /system/app. If it doesn't show up right away in your list of widgets, it will after a reboot.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Quote Originally Posted by killahamsammich View Post
    You need to get the apk from a deodexed version of a stock rom and place it in /system/app. If it doesn't show up right away in your list of widgets, it will after a reboot.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    Here is the weather clock widget apk from stock deodexed ED01.. I put it in an edify script zip.. flash in CWM and you should have it installed..

Weather Clock Widget
    Confucius: Never use a cannon to kill a fly. - Take off and nuke it from orbit.. ~~^^~~
    Thanked by 4:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    PowerWashed EH09/EC09

Quote Originally Posted by JaeKar99 View Post
    Here is the weather clock widget apk from stock deodexed ED01.. I put it in an edify script zip.. flash in CWM and you should have it installed..

Weather Clock Widget
    works perfect, you are awesome!!! thanks so much!
    "Rule # 1. Dont panic. I started with rule number one because that seemed the logical place to start. However i had nothing to panic about, so i just looked silly. We wont talk about that." - gunnermike53

What did I do wrong? I flashed it in CWM 3 but no go after a reboot?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    PowerWashed EH09/EC09

Quote Originally Posted by eric12 View Post
    after i flashed it, rebooted, did long press on screen where i wanted it, clicked on widgets, and it was there...maybe reload it on sd card and start over?

ROM
    Virtuous Unity

I think you need to be using the tw launcher to be able to use the widget. at least that how tw widgets have worked for me in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by ExpertZero View Post
    after i flashed it, rebooted, did long press on screen where i wanted it, clicked on widgets, and it was there...maybe reload it on sd card and start over?
    Still no luck. Thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by APeaceOfStrange View Post
    I think you need to be using the tw launcher to be able to use the widget. at least that how tw widgets have worked for me in the past.
    Ah. That could be. Oh well. Thanks.

ROM
    Humble 1.42/PBJ-OTB

Ah. That could be. Oh well. Thanks.
    if the app itself is installed to your SD card (APP2SD), you can not use its widgets.... it needs to be installed to your phone in order to use the widgets
    If someone helps you out, don't forget to use the "thanks" button!

Quote Originally Posted by JOrtenzi View Post
    if the app itself is installed to your SD card (APP2SD), you can not use its widgets.... it needs to be installed to your phone in order to use the widgets
    Thanks anyway, but that wasn't it either. Can see it is installed on phone via AppBrain app. Has anyone else not running TW been able to run this? Thanks for everyone's help.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

ROM
    PowerWashed EH09/EC09

Weather Clock Widget
    ok, did this and was working great... until last night. it appears my phone just, well for lack of a better term, crapped out on me. it was sitting on the table and decided it was going to go into boot/force close loop ... ended up going to stock and work my way back to comrom2.1 with SteelBlue theme (just like before) and when i realoaded the package and tried to open the widget i get "TwGTGLauncher (process com.sec.android.app.twlanucher) has stopped, please try again", click force close and a big blank box is on the screen where the widget would be and inside the box says "problem loading widget" ...so i went back to stock again started over, reloaded widget, tried to open widget and same error.

the ONLY thing i changed from the first comrom to this build back up to it was there's a post about "a cleaner comrom install" and gives you a package to format into ext4, and to do this as a precurser to the big three wipe

using OTB 1.6, comrom2.0, patched to 2.1 with steelblue theme
    Last edited by ExpertZero; 07-20-2011 at 08:55 PM. Reason: forgot info.

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

It appears that there is a TouchWhiz launcher issue.

You may have to start and get another clean install.. the most effective way I have found to do this is to flash EB01 (Odin) (with Atlas pit) and then install CommROM on top of that.. You should be able to upgrade your radio via Odin to either EC09 or ED04 using the CWM method.
    Confucius: Never use a cannon to kill a fly. - Take off and nuke it from orbit.. ~~^^~~
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

ROM
    PowerWashed EH09/EC09

It appears that there is a TouchWhiz launcher issue.

You may have to start and get another clean install.. the most effective way I have found to do this is to flash EB01 (Odin) (with Atlas pit) and then install CommROM on top of that.. You should be able to upgrade your radio via Odin to either EC09 or ED04 using the CWM method.
    tried 2 more clean installs, i'm about to give up...lol
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

ROM
    PowerWashed EH09/EC09

i'm about 15min a way from taking the CM7 plunge...any way someone can port this over to CM7 as well? i just really like this clock.