Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock JB

Default Download Cache Limit

I've read that the Fascinate has a limit of 30 MB for apps downloaded from the market. Do any of the custom roms eliminate this limit? I'd like to be able to download a game that's bigger than 30 MB.
    Remain Calm!

ROM
    JB, JB, HC, ICS, JB

You have some bad info my friend.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock JB

Ok. Has anyone been able to download the new game Cut The Rope? The android market says it's incompatible with the Fascinate. I think it is because of the download cache limit.

Default Re: Download Cache Limit

You're correct. Files over 30 MB can;t be downloaded form the Market, but they can be sideloaded.

Grab the free version of Cut the Rope from Getjar:
    GetJar | Mobile | Search Google Nexus One Apps

Copy it to your SD card and it should install
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Belly

Default Re: Download Cache Limit

Quote Originally Posted by cdhixson View Post
    Ok. Has anyone been able to download the new game Cut The Rope? The android market says it's incompatible with the Fascinate. I think it is because of the download cache limit.
    Get it from the Amazon Appstore. I got it when it was free on getjar, and it runs like a dream on my Fascinate...
    Android: If it ain't broke, you haven't flashed nearly enough stuff yet...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    Stock JB

I know I can get the game from other sources, but I'd really like to get it from the Android Market. Developers don't keep their apps up to date on the other markets like they do on Google's. But, i guess that isn't possible with any custom roms.