CR 2.0 upgrade now force close apps issue

dwc5000

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I just upgraded from CR 1.3 to 2.0 with no issue using Odin. Everything was wiped etc booted up and looked fine. I restored a few apps using TiBkUp like Lancher Pro, K9email, adobe.
Rebooted and now I get force closes on the few apps I just restored.
Any suggestions?

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Clear the data under Settings - > Manage Applications - > "selected apps"

This has been successful for me in the past.

dwc5000

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Clear the data under Settings - > Manage Applications - > "selected apps"

This has been successful for me in the past.
thanks tried it but no luck......I even reinstalling CR2.0 again from the beginning but still force closes after I restore the missing apps.

dwc5000

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried fixing permissions in CWM before rebooting? May not help, but it's worth a shot...
tried fixing permissions......nothing
also noticed something strange this evening when I reinstalled a game as suggested above.....chalk ball lite.....I rebooted and the game is no longer showing in apps. It also keeps changing my settings back to defaults i.e. change a ringtone or switch to a different screen lock it reverts back to defaults when I reboot. Very strange.
It looks like I can go back to 1.3 and it works OK but cannot get 2.0 to work.

dwc5000

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you consider reinstalling from the market?
by the way i was using the CR 2.0 no modem/radio and imnuts' 05/31 PBJ -50mv nonvoodoo kernel tar file. This version is supposed to wipe data. Original file was KB 1.3 imnuts' -50mv PBJ nonvoodoo kernel and no modem/radio...here is where i got the fileshttp://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/79124-odin-official-froyo-ed01-packaged-custom-roms-w-root-updated-06-12-11-a.html
this has got me stumped........any more ideas?

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
by the way i was using the CR 2.0 no modem/radio and imnuts' 05/31 PBJ -50mv nonvoodoo kernel tar file. This version is supposed to wipe data. Original file was KB 1.3 imnuts' -50mv PBJ nonvoodoo kernel and no modem/radio...here is where i got the fileshttp://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/79124-odin-official-froyo-ed01-packaged-custom-roms-w-root-updated-06-12-11-a.html
this has got me stumped........any more ideas?

What you are describing is an event where the data is not being completely wiped, or there is some artifact left of the CR 1.3 install. If you completely remove the apps and then reinstall fresh from the market do they force close as well?

dwc5000

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
What you are describing is an event where the data is not being completely wiped, or there is some artifact left of the CR 1.3 install. If you completely remove the apps and then reinstall fresh from the market do they force close as well?

no they work until I reboot then the newly installed app disappears....lol crazy huh
if I restore the previously saved app, it gives me force closes.
I don't mind problems b/c I like to figure them out but this is just weird.

maybe the Rom is bad or has something to do with the non voodoo kernel within.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
no they work until I reboot then the newly installed app disappears....lol crazy huh
if I restore the previously saved app, it gives me force closes.
I don't mind problems b/c I like to figure them out but this is just weird.

maybe the Rom is bad or has something to do with the non voodoo kernel within.

You could switch over to ComaVolt and try that for a while.. Many people have used it as the goto kernel when things go astray..

I do know that CommROM is recommended to be run on voodoo kernel only.. that may be the issue.

dwc5000

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
You could switch over to ComaVolt and try that for a while.. Many people have used it as the goto kernel when things go astray..

I do know that CommROM is recommended to be run on voodoo kernel only.. that may be the issue.

ComaVolt didnt make a difference.....thanks though
I have tried to start over since......tried non voodoo and voodoo moving to CR 2.0.
I see both options are available. But still same results as above.
I wonder if something is hung up with the conversion because I didn't hear the voice for Voodoo as usual, but CWM says lagfix is enabled.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
ComaVolt didnt make a difference.....thanks though
I have tried to start over since......tried non voodoo and voodoo moving to CR 2.0.
I see both options are available. But still same results as above.
I wonder if something is hung up with the conversion because I didn't hear the voice for Voodoo as usual, but CWM says lagfix is enabled.

That is very odd that you did not hear the voodoo voice.. I guess I would be paranoid whether voodoo was actually enabled. It may not have converted.

As a side note: I know that I started having some major issues with my phone (force close circus) when I switched up from superclean to ComROM.. I had to completely flash a full Odin package (stock with Atlas pit) - I think I used EB01 (first Froyo build) then was able to get a clean install of CommROM.

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Did you do a full cache and data wipe before installing the CR2.0? I don't mean an odin to the 2.0, I mean a data wipe in CWM before you did anything. I heard the Force Close issue can happen for some people if they do not data wipe first.

dwc5000

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
That is very odd that you did not hear the voodoo voice.. I guess I would be paranoid whether voodoo was actually enabled. It may not have converted.

As a side note: I know that I started having some major issues with my phone (force close circus) when I switched up from superclean to ComROM.. I had to completely flash a full Odin package (stock with Atlas pit) - I think I used EB01 (first Froyo build) then was able to get a clean install of CommROM.

thanks JaeKar99
I was coming to post my results apparently we think alike......lol
I got a EB01superclean tar file downloaded and installed CR 2.0 no kernal version first. then I added the non voodoo kernel and it seems to be working now.
thanks for everyones suggestions regardless....I may try voodoo kernel when I get bored again.....lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair