1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Swype on MIUI

I flashed MIUI the other day and I must say this is without a doubt the best ROM I have ever used. It is an absolute masterpiece. My only (and I do mean only) complaint is that I can't seem to load Swype on there. Ive tried about a half dozen 20 step methods for getting Swype on it but none seem to work. Has anyone had any success?

Thanks in advance!

ROM
    AOKP b33

Default Re: Swype on MIUI

Quote Originally Posted by Your my boy blue View Post
    I flashed MIUI the other day and I must say this is without a doubt the best ROM I have ever used. It is an absolute masterpiece. My only (and I do mean only) complaint is that I can't seem to load Swype on there. Ive tried about a half dozen 20 step methods for getting Swype on it but none seem to work. Has anyone had any success?

Thanks in advance!
    Been loving MIUI for the last month....can't go back. Swype was a pain to get back on but it does work. Shark actually showed the way on this one (try first):

First make sure you select other keyboard in the Input Method

Best thing to do is start fresh. Delete the old files using Root explorer that contain swype in the following (not all files may exist):

data/data/com.swype.android.inputmethod
    system/app/Swype.apk
    system/lib/libSwypeCore.so

Reboot.

Run installer again.

Reboot. (You might get an error after running the installer - don't pay attention to it. Reboot - I tried ten times at least with this method and kept getting hung up on the invalid error. Finally just rebooted and it worked!)

Should be good to go.

this is another way but the above worked for me...

Last edited by Jmac9; 07-15-2011 at 03:11 PM.
    Thanked by:

Can MIUI be flashed right on top of ComRomm 2.0? Does it contain a kernel? I'd ask at xda but I don't have enough posts yet

ROM
    Stock for now!

What is the best way to get to MIUI ? I just received a replacement phone and am back to all stock. Is there a how to for this?

ROM
    Stock for now!

By the way, I had MIUIwiz on my last phone when it decided that it wouldn't let me sign into gmail or the market. But loved the MIUI interface. Can't wait to get back

ROM
    Stock for now!

Could it be possible for Landshark, DroidxCon, or one of the many masterminds to put together a MIUI odin package with the newest CWM and root ? Didn't mean to thread jack, but didn't want to start another thread to ask the question. Maybe even include SWYPE with the odin package Thanks guys for all your hard work and for putting up with newbies like myself!

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    Could it be possible for Landshark, DroidxCon, or one of the many masterminds to put together a MIUI odin package with the newest CWM and root ? Didn't mean to thread jack, but didn't want to start another thread to ask the question. Maybe even include SWYPE with the odin package Thanks guys for all your hard work and for putting up with newbies like myself!
    That'd be epic and I'm sure many would donate

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    ROM
    TSMPoolParty V1.4.1

Quote Originally Posted by FrankWhite77 View Post
    Can MIUI be flashed right on top of ComRomm 2.0? Does it contain a kernel? I'd ask at xda but I don't have enough posts yet
    I just flashed over to MIUI... you can flash over from COMRomm but have to Odin JT's CWM and then flash CM7 7/4 in order to flash MIUI' s latest 1.7.15... I would recommend reading some of that thread before jumping onto it or you're going to get into some trouble... I just jumped into it before REALLY reading it and then had to go back to stock cause I missed a step and had to start over. The ROM is worth it though.

Edit: Make sure you wipe cache, Davlik and data in between flashes
    Last edited by jjcasillas15; 07-16-2011 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Edit
    Thanked by:

ROM
    AOKP b33

I was on comRom and then went to MIUIwiz before going to MIUI. Yes it has a kernal stock but it is advised to flash the OTB kernal (0704) after booting up. No odin package was needed and no going to CM7 either. Wiped the big three and flashed 1.6.24 (the one available when I flashed. Since then the weekly builds have gotten better and better with a patch here and there. Some have had issues but it has been quite seemless for me.

Call audio is probably not where most would like but I have no problem with it.

Edit: You do need to be on the latest CWM 3.0 to flash.
    Last edited by Jmac9; 07-16-2011 at 09:40 AM.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock for now!

Where would you find the latest CWM 3.0 ? I have searched and had no success. Also maybe a step by step how to? I am stock again and it has been a while since I started fresh with flashng

ROM
    Stock for now!

I know I would !

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Where would you find the latest CWM 3.0 ? I have searched and had no success. Also maybe a step by step how to? I am stock again and it has been a while since I started fresh with flashng
    Latest CWM 3.0 used to flash the latest version of CM7 or MIUI can be found in the OP of jt1134's CM7 thread. It is an attachment at the bottom of the OP:

CWM 3.0 -->

You have to flash CM7 from 07/04 first in that CWM 3.0:
    CWM7 07/04 -->

Wipe data, cache, dalvik, flash 07/04, phone will reboot on it's own. Long press power button to get menu, choose reboot, choose recovery. This will take you to a different CWM (4.0 which is orange/yellow). Wipe cache and dalvik and install latest version of CM7 or MIUI. With CM7 you should also flash the GAPPs package (Google apps) at this time (don't know much about MIUI but I think it has it's own apps package included) reboot and done. Also after you flash the 07/13 build of CM7 (not sure about MIUI latest build) your CWM will still be 4.0, but it will be blue now.
    Last edited by Landshark; 07-17-2011 at 05:06 PM.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    AOKP b33

Here is the link to upgrade your cwm. As far as a step by step for MIUI.....I know some have had issues and have had to go through CM7 first, but I dld to sd card, wiped the big 3 and flashed. No problem.
    [How To][Links] Themes, ROMs, Kernels, Boot Animations: 9-16-11
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

I know I would !
    I don't think it can be done. For the same reason I can't make an ODIN package of a voodoo ROM - the conversion of the file system from rfs to ext4, or in the case of CM7 and MIUI from rfs to ext4/yaffs2. Then there is also the problem of changing the partitions from BML to MTD. When going backward from CM7 and MIUI to a TW rom you have the atlas 2.2 pit file which converts the partitioning back to BML, but there is no such pit file to go from BML to MTD. This conversion has to be done through files flashed through CWM as far as I can tell. Everyone who wants to try CM7 and MIUI will just need to learn the beauty of CWM and the current elongated process of flashing the CM7 07/04 build first as a base. But you will be better off for it learning all you can about flashing different things to your phone. Also after you flash the 07/13 version of CM7 your CWM will still be 4.0, but it will now be blue.
    Last edited by Landshark; 07-17-2011 at 05:06 PM.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
    Thanked by: