miui kernal

nycdoc

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
currently running comrom 2.1. been thinking to switch to miui 1.7.15. can i use the pbj kernal or do i need to install a different kernal

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure about the particular kernel your speaking of but you should be able to flash most aosp kernels with Miui. For best performance you'll want to make sure your kernel versions match, if Miui stock kernel is 2.6.35 then you want to flash a comparable kernel.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: nycdoc

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
currently running comrom 2.1. been thinking to switch to miui 1.7.15. can i use the pbj kernal or do i need to install a different kernal

As far as I know there are only three kernels you can use with MIUI or CM7. Those would be the kernel that comes with the ROM, which is from jt1134, the MTD OTB kernel from nemesis2all, or the new Glitch kernel from TKS-Glitch and times_infinity. Imnuts does not make an MTD version of the PBJ kernel, only a touchwiz version.

Jmac9

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site

The glitch kernel its the way to go with miui in my opinion. My phone has never been so responsive and smooth since putting the two together.

Mtn_Scott

Remain Calm!
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Glitch is right speedy.

that being said. MIUI is better than touch wiz and Stock android.... by A LOT. I love this thing now. Very high quality finish, and very easy themeing.