Lost Root Access

cmkpro81

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello I have a Samsung Galaxy S phone from Cellular South a.k.a. The Showcase. And I have just recently upgraded it to the 2.2.1 firmware. Before the upgrade I rooted my phone and had no issues with it, the phone is awesome with its rooted potential. Well I knew that after the upgrade that I was gonna lose my root access. So I went through the method of re-rooting my phone with the 2.2.1 upgrade and had no success. I tried the super one click,z4root, and even ginger-break. And none of these methods proved successful. I can not re-root my phone at all. Is it still possible to root my phone after the 2.2.1 upgrade? If so will someone please help me out and give me a step by step instruction on how to root my phone again? Your time and efforts will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello I have a Samsung Galaxy S phone from Cellular South a.k.a. The Showcase. And I have just recently upgraded it to the 2.2.1 firmware. Before the upgrade I rooted my phone and had no issues with it, the phone is awesome with its rooted potential. Well I knew that after the upgrade that I was gonna lose my root access. So I went through the method of re-rooting my phone with the 2.2.1 upgrade and had no success. I tried the super one click,z4root, and even ginger-break. And none of these methods proved successful. I can not re-root my phone at all. Is it still possible to root my phone after the 2.2.1 upgrade? If so will someone please help me out and give me a step by step instruction on how to root my phone again? Your time and efforts will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Follow the instructions in the first three posts of this thread and you should be fine:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...irst-time-rooting-walk-through-4-28-11-a.html

cmkpro81

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to say thank you for your interest in my problem I'm having. But I regret to say that those methods did not work for me again. I am still not able to root my showcase and I have no idea what the problem can be. Is there anything else that I mite can try to root my phone again? I have spent several hours on this and I'm almost ready to give up. Is there anything else out that I can try?

winjen

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Nevermind I got it. I found a way to root my phone and now I have successfully re-rooted my phone. So thanks for your time.

Hello. I have been losing sleep trying to do what you have done. Any step by step help on how you achieved to root your showcase would be Greatly appreciated.
Thanx In Advance

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc