1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is there a stock ed04 odin file?

Im trying to go back to stock and I found a link to ed03 but not ed04. I'm trying to go back to stock for obvious reasons.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

Default Re: Is there a stock ed04 odin file?

Any official stock build will suffice for warranty replacement (I assume that's what you're talking about?) It doesn't have to be on the latest build. As long as it is on one of the official releases (DH12, DI01, DL09, EA28, ED01, ED03, ED04) you're fine
    Telling a member to "search" is not the answer to a question.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

K thanks. I'll flash the ed03 that is in the rom stickie, and ota to ed04.

Quote Originally Posted by blown14psi View Post
    Im trying to go back to stock and I found a link to ed03 but not ed04. I'm trying to go back to stock for obvious reasons.
    I will do the same. Can you please attach the link to the ED03 Odin file. Thanks
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

You can find all of the ROMs available in this thread
    Telling a member to "search" is not the answer to a question.

There have been no official complete stock packages since DL09. You can get newer ROMs to flash in ODIN, but the newer modems are only available with CWM. But if you have CWM, you are not stock! You'll need to ODIN the DL09 ROM/Kernel/Modem package to get completely stock and then you can OTA to ED04 if you want. If you flash just an ED03 ROM, your modem will not match and Verizon may see that and know you were not stock! Also, the ED05 that came out is complete and ODIN capable, but don't flash that because it is not "official".

FYI, I changed phones without thinking about this and have to return my old phone with DL09. I forgot to OTA before activating my replacement Droid Charge. I could call Verizon to have them reactivate the old phone, but that would be hard to explain. And I don't want to risk losing the 4G unlimited package by switching back and forth. So, I'm sending it back with DL09 stock. I'll play dumb if they bring it up, but I doubt they would.