CM7 6.zip Findings

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just DLed 6.zip and have not had much time at all to test it.

The one thing I will say is that now people can hear me on the other end of the phone and I did not have to use a different kernel. My phone is snappy again and people can hear me so I am happy so far.

I wanted to start this thread for other people to list their findings. Note: This is only for the nightly 6.zip ver.

Let the games begin!

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Here is another finding:

In some of the builds, 5 had this, when you received a notification the soft keys would light up. This was very useful to me as it provided an LED notification when the phone was on silent.

I have also discovered that with the Auto Brightness setting and the Sound setting, which makes your notification the same level as your ringtone, even it they are both selected you need to uncheck and recheck the boxes and then they work.

Last edited:

drjohns17

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Here is another finding:

In some of the builds, 5 had this, when you received a notification the soft keys would light up. This was very useful to me as it provided an LED notification when the phone was on silent

Is that feature gone on build 6? The backlight notifications thing I believe is part of the kernel, so I would think flashing another kernel like GLITCH for example would bring it back.

Reactions: sushiguy732

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Is that feature gone on build 6? The backlight notifications thing I believe is part of the kernel, so I would think flashing another kernel like GLITCH for example would bring it back.

You are right! It is a part of the Kernel. I didn't know so I just flashed Glitch LL and my LED notifications are back! Thanks!!

vluc

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
You are right! It is a part of the Kernel. I didn't know so I just flashed Glitch LL and my LED notifications are back! Thanks!!

Hmm, running the stock kernel on 6 and my notifications have been there.

Now on 7. Sound is louder, notifications popping up for me.

Last edited: