Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By geosnipe
  • 1 Post By geosnipe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default System unavailable

I have a Samsung Fascinate (Yes, I do love my phone), and i tried updating my phone through System Update but keep getting a "SYSTEM UNAVAILABLE" message.. I have updated my phone using ODIN a couple different times but I'm just wondering if anyone else has had an issue with doing system updates?

(*Side note, my Brother in law and Wife both have the exact same phone as me and they can update using the system update without issues...*)

ROM
    UKB 2.1 w/EC09 modem

Default Re: System unavailable

Quote Originally Posted by tjcusick View Post
    I have a Samsung Fascinate (Yes, I do love my phone), and i tried updating my phone through System Update but keep getting a "SYSTEM UNAVAILABLE" message.. I have updated my phone using ODIN a couple different times but I'm just wondering if anyone else has had an issue with doing system updates?

(*Side note, my Brother in law and Wife both have the exact same phone as me and they can update using the system update without issues...*)
    What ROM are you running or are you stock? Are you rooted? Have you tried a *228 option 1?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I was rooted, but then i reset and updated to ED01... i just tried the *228, 1 option... but i still get the Server Unavailable message

ROM
    CM-7-nightly/ Glitch V-13

Make sure your wifi is off.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

WIFI Is turned off

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

I've had the same problem for a couple of weeks now on a stock froyo, non-rooted and no wifi. I thought maybe it was just my phone.

ROM
    UKB 2.1 w/EC09 modem

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnJim View Post
    I've had the same problem for a couple of weeks now on a stock froyo, non-rooted and no wifi. I thought maybe it was just my phone.
    Have you tried flashing a new modem with odin? Worst case scenario you could go all the way back to DI01 via odin and then use the update feature to bring you current..just a thought

* found this from Landshark_ The best ones would have told you to flash the stock DL09 file in ODIN then let your phone OTA up to the latest stock build. Here is the full DL09 ODIN file, flash using the PDA button:

Last edited by geosnipe; 08-02-2011 at 09:27 PM. Reason: new info for solution
    Thanked by:
    tjcusick likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by geosnipe View Post
    Have you tried flashing a new modem with odin? Worst case scenario you could go all the way back to DI01 via odin and then use the update feature to bring you current..just a thought

* found this from Landshark_ The best ones would have told you to flash the stock DL09 file in ODIN then let your phone OTA up to the latest stock build. Here is the full DL09 ODIN file, flash using the PDA button:

I've tried flashing with ODIN before... not sure about flashing a new modem?? where can i find the files and directions on how to???

ROM
    UKB 2.1 w/EC09 modem

I've tried flashing with ODIN before... not sure about flashing a new modem?? where can i find the files and directions on how to???
    i will help you when i get to my pc...1_2 hours
    Thanked by:
    tjcusick likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

i will help you when i get to my pc...1_2 hours
    AWE-SAM!!!!

ROM
    Rooted AOSP

CODE 500

Server Unavailable

Just got a replacement phone for my wife cause her phone wouldn't OTA EVER. Never once got a Froyo update for her phone EVER.

I found a thread somewhere that said that Samsung sent out a bunch of bad fasssy's that wouldn't OTA. The fix is a 1 hour with tech support call in which you will tell them repeatedly "I have done that" in which they'll place a call to Samsung, then they'll ask for your baseband and version (don't tell them two different things, they'll know you've dorked with your phone. ) eventually you'll get a replacement fascinate sent to you.

Just my experience, if you get it to work, thats awesome, but if you can't get an update at all, you may be facing the same scenario.
    I am a product of my failures.

It's not the law, just a suggestion..

"Let's Flash Together" Bigjobber69.

I had the same problem after returning from the GB leak, that destroyed my SD card BTW. I couldn't get OTA (Server Unavailable) and had to update manually to ED01 via ODIN. Finally, when the full ED05 leak came out and I followed the directions, I couldn't get 3G or call out. It kept saying my phone couldn't be authenticated. I reverted back to DL09 via ODIN and applied update zips to ED01 and called Verizon. I think it ALL had to do with the Verizon server authenticating my Fascinate. The rep had me try multiple things and was about to give up when I mentioned I read others had similar issues and was resolved by activating another phone, then reactivating the Fascinate. She was skeptical but tried and sure enough, my phone started working again. ALSO, I could receive OTA again.
    If you have another smartphone, pull your Fascinate battery and start up the other phone and *288. Once it's activated, pull its battery and start up the Fascinate and *288. It will only work if you're stock. I reverted to DL09 and did the 2 updates that are available that got me to ED01 before I tried it.
    You should be able to ODIN the full ED05 leak and then try to activate another smartphone as mentioned before and save a few steps.

ROM
    PowerWashed EH09/EC09

Quote Originally Posted by Gamecock View Post
    I had the same problem after returning from the GB leak, that destroyed my SD card BTW. I couldn't get OTA (Server Unavailable) and had to update manually to ED01 via ODIN. Finally, when the full ED05 leak came out and I followed the directions, I couldn't get 3G or call out. It kept saying my phone couldn't be authenticated. I reverted back to DL09 via ODIN and applied update zips to ED01 and called Verizon. I think it ALL had to do with the Verizon server authenticating my Fascinate. The rep had me try multiple things and was about to give up when I mentioned I read others had similar issues and was resolved by activating another phone, then reactivating the Fascinate. She was skeptical but tried and sure enough, my phone started working again. ALSO, I could receive OTA again.
    If you have another smartphone, pull your Fascinate battery and start up the other phone and *288. Once it's activated, pull its battery and start up the Fascinate and *288. It will only work if you're stock. I reverted to DL09 and did the 2 updates that are available that got me to ED01 before I tried it.
    You should be able to ODIN the full ED05 leak and then try to activate another smartphone as mentioned before and save a few steps.
    you don't need to have another phone and i did it when i wasn't stock, just call verizon and tell them to update the esn or do a "esn swap to a dummy phone then back to your phone" and it fixed my 3g issue, but not sure if this will fix the OTA issue.
    "Rule # 1. Dont panic. I started with rule number one because that seemed the logical place to start. However i had nothing to panic about, so i just looked silly. We wont talk about that." - gunnermike53

ROM
    UKB 2.1 w/EC09 modem

AWE-SAM!!!!
    tjcusik,r you ready for help? I have somefree time now...

Don't think you can OTA unless you're stock. Verizan tech can do the swap for you, which is what I did, but it took 30+ minutes on the phone. Easier/quicker if you have an extra phone to do it yourself, just a few minutes.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

tjcusik,r you ready for help? I have somefree time now...
    Sorry geosnipe i was not on my computer last night...

ROM
    UKB 2.1 w/EC09 modem

Sorry geosnipe i was not on my computer last night...
    You available now? You can PM in order to keep the thrread clean.
    Last edited by geosnipe; 08-05-2011 at 09:52 AM. Reason: add iinfo