Tired of GB rom - What should I do?

anon(40232)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Starting to really dislike that GB leak, so I would like to go back to something more stable. Before I was running a SC2.9. Should I just reflash back to that, or is there something better I should be looking at?

Also, I assume that I could do this with just Odin, right? Or is there some other black magic I would have to do? (Starting to feel much older now. :( )

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
In order to go back to an earlier (non GB) ROM, you have to ODIN back to DL09, using the atlas 2.2.pit file to repartition, as GB used a different file system. If you don't use the atlas file, you'll have a nice glossy brick. So get atlas, put that in the PIT section, make sure to check repartition, put DL09 into the PDA section, and ODIN away. After that, OTA to the newest build (or find a stock Froyo ODIN file...) and you're good to go!

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
The GB leak filesystem wasnt all that different from the newer froyo leaks (the huge difference is in the CM7). The pit file helps sometimes but isn't truly necessary (I never needed to use it in all the times I went back/forth on the GB leak, but i almost always Odin and dont rely on CWM recovery.) If you like the "newfangled" features in the GB leak, go after MIUI, JT's CM7, or one of the other CM7 variants. They are nice, but I will be brutally honest and say they lack a lot of working features (auto-brightness is broken, GPS issues, 3g issues, etc.) They are flashy and "Stable" but are not truly ready for primetime. If you are not into this bleeding edge stuff, go with one of the SC froyo builds, there have been a few posted on XDA since SC 2.9 that are a bit more refined, you can probably find something to suit your taste.

icanectc

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I was running MIUI but it was a bit to unstable I will hold off until they do more bug fixing on it.

I have since switched to vanilla GB from JT and I must say it is very stable. No wifi issues, no ghost ringing problems. no mms, camera, sms problems. It just plan old works! I would give that a go before going back to Froyo.

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Just watch out for your SD card. Be for-warned. I used JT GB V and I lost one card and went back to CR2.1 with PB&J. and my phone is just as fast as it was on the GB ROM. I hope a good leak comes soon. I am not sure VZW will make it official.

Mtn_Scott

Remain Calm!
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I am still running the MIUI 7.22 rom. The only issue i have is that some themes are "wonky". The MIUI forums had a brief tutorial on how to get the auto brightness setup, and now that works like a charm and is fully customizable. I had to figure out which kernal played the best with all the toys. Jt's V3 kernal has got it all. Car and desk docks all work perfectly. BLN is perfect. the 7.22 MIUI did not have any SD card issues. This phone has never been smoother.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol