Battery on Comm rom crappy?

tsargent347

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
ok i finally got Comm Rom with the -50pbj voodoo kernel flashed this morning..i turned the phone on and just flipped through the settings and just looked around and checked out the rom. Set the phone down at like 830 and just rememberd i left thephone on and looked at it and the phone flashed and said it was almost dieing and then died cause of low battery. is there any setting or something im not seeing to help the battery or is this just the way the rom is..like i said i just set the phone down and did nothing else except pick it up and it was dead

tsargent347

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Just plugged the phone in not 2 minutes ago and the battery says its alreaady charged up to 56%..anyone got any idea whats going on?

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Just plugged the phone in not 2 minutes ago and the battery says its alreaady charged up to 56%..anyone got any idea whats going on?

You need to wipe your battery stats. Charge your phone to 100%, turn off then charge to 100%.repeat this process three times our so. Then boot into recovery and write stats. Then run your battery down to 5%. Once at 5 reboot a couple times to make sure you're down at 5, then charge back up to 100and you should be good.

This needs to be done when you flash new Roms.

Caseydn

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
ok i finally got Comm Rom with the -50pbj voodoo kernel flashed this morning..i turned the phone on and just flipped through the settings and just looked around and checked out the rom. Set the phone down at like 830 and just rememberd i left thephone on and looked at it and the phone flashed and said it was almost dieing and then died cause of low battery. is there any setting or something im not seeing to help the battery or is this just the way the rom is..like i said i just set the phone down and did nothing else except pick it up and it was dead
I had the same issues w/CommRom. I really liked it, but I found that if I left the WiFi or GPS on, it was draining my battery rather quickly. Kept them off throughout the day and results were a lot better.

I just switched to Cyanogen and battery seems to last longer, even if I do leave WiFi and GPS on all day.

semibru

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth, I found that using Wifi was a huge battery saver. I don't get strong 3G in the building I work in and battery life was worse after installing comm rom (I also have ED04).

I use the Y5 app to automatically turn on Wifi for known connections... That helps too.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463