Boot Animation Not Working

Ejames42783

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm using UKB 2.1 and have attempted to flash different custom boot animations while in recovery. I can find the .zip files just fine and have attempted to rename them as bootanimation.zip. I've also tried the method of copy/paste the file into the /system/media location and still nothing.

When I reboot my phone it comes up with the Samsung name as normal, then BLACK, then my phone loads up. Any thoughts? I'd love to finally have a custom boot animation. As of now it just looks like my phone isn't even on until it loads up.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm using UKB 2.1 and have attempted to flash different custom boot animations while in recovery. I can find the .zip files just fine and have attempted to rename them as bootanimation.zip. I've also tried the method of copy/paste the file into the /system/media location and still nothing.

When I reboot my phone it comes up with the Samsung name as normal, then BLACK, then my phone loads up. Any thoughts? I'd love to finally have a custom boot animation. As of now it just looks like my phone isn't even on until it loads up.

It appears that the kernel you are using is attempting to play the bootanimation.zip file but cannot - or - The bootanimation.zip file is corrupted.

Few questions:
What kernel are you using? What version of CWM are you using? And what boot are you trying to flash?

Ejames42783

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I'm somewhat a newbie but kernel appears to be 2.6.32.9, I tried using CWM 3.x and then went back to 2.x when that didn't work. I was trying to flash clockgears III. I looked back to see which UKB I originally used and I noticed they say "no kernel". Perhaps thats where the mistake is? What should I do?

Update:

I flashed the kernel PW/OTB because I saw that you were using that kernel with the same ComRom I'm using. I followed the instructions on how to voodoo and after doing that I reflashed the bootanimation.zip and it works!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to your questions I was able to figure it out lol go figure. Thanks so much.

Last edited:

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I'm somewhat a newbie but kernel appears to be 2.6.32.9, I tried using CWM 3.x and then went back to 2.x when that didn't work. I was trying to flash clockgears III. I looked back to see which UKB I originally used and I noticed they say "no kernel". Perhaps thats where the mistake is? What should I do?

Update:

I flashed the kernel PW/OTB because I saw that you were using that kernel with the same ComRom I'm using. I followed the instructions on how to voodoo and after doing that I reflashed the bootanimation.zip and it works!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to your questions I was able to figure it out lol go figure. Thanks so much.

Good deal. Glad it worked out well. I have only had PW/OTB on for about 12 hours and it seems to be functioning well.

It would almost appear that the kernel you were using was not playing the boot.. If you installed the UKB with no kernel you were likely still on stock.. that would do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze