Installed powerwash rom, freezing issues

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm having major issues with my phone. I installed the powerwash rom ([ROM-8/16][KERNEL-8/23][ED05] PowerWashed ED05 ROM [v1.2] - Page 8 - xda-developers) with VooDoo activated. I am randomly getting freezing (5-10 seconds, to freezing & rebooting). I've reset dalvik cache, and did everything imaginable. Overall, the phone is super fast. It just.. freezes. Sometimes it's for 2 seconds, sometimes my phone dies and reboots.

I am running:
Hardware I500.04
Model SCH-I500
Firmware: 2.2.2
Baseband: S:i500.04 V.ED05
Kernel: 2.6.32.9
Build # SCH-I500.ED05

Any suggestions? Right now I got 78/348MB in use, list of apps:
G-Voice
Mr. Number
Huddle
Dock Sound Redirection
Lookout
Market
Camera
Maps
ClockQ
Clock
Friendcaster
Slacker
GO SMS Pro
Weatherbug
JustPictures
TIKL
Messenger
GMAIL

Those are currently running. When I end everything I have 157MB available. Any suggestions?

Also, my pictures NEVER update. I have dismount and remount my SD Card. This is getting very, very, old. Any fix for this??

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
R you using his test kernel?

That should be causing the issues. play with your voltage and set up with voltage control. I am able to run sio, but my etudes phone runs on cfq. You will have to play with it, or download a stock kernel. Maybe geewiz.

Make sure you have voodoo active. Are you able to reboot with the power + volume up?

If you keep doing a battery pull, thus might be why your sd is not working.

I also run quickpic, is much faster than the stock gallery.

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
R you using his test kernel?

That should be causing the issues. play with your voltage and set up with voltage control. I am able to run sio, but my etudes phone runs on cfq. You will have to play with it, or download a stock kernel. Maybe geewiz.

Make sure you have voodoo active. Are you able to reboot with the power + volume up?

If you keep doing a battery pull, thus might be why your sd is not working.

I also run quickpic, is much faster than the stock gallery.

Thanks. What voodoo kernel do you recommend as the fastest, most stable? I don't want to have to go and mess with voltage, I just want a good stock voodoo kernel. And yes, voodoo is working. Yes it is the testkernel.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. What voodoo kernel do you recommend as the fastest, most stable? I don't want to have to go and mess with voltage, I just want a good stock voodoo kernel. And yes, voodoo is working. Yes it is the testkernel.

There is a stable version of the PowerWashed OTB Fusion kernel you might want to try. Running rock solid without any changes in voltage control for me. It can be found in the dev's post over at XDA HERE.

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
There is a stable version of the PowerWashed OTB Fusion kernel you might want to try. Running rock solid without any changes in voltage control for me. It can be found in the dev's post over at XDA HERE.

What he said, or you can try PBJ

This one does not work for all devices, but it is worth a shot.

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I forget what I installed, but it seems to be working pretty good now! Still lags a little bit, though. No where near as bad.

Download the Voodoo control from the market and make sure the lagfix is on, plus that is a helpful tool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781