what's the best ROM for me?

chromium

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
hi guys i returned to stock a couple months ago. i believe my samsung fascinate is %100 stock since i can get ota updates and i want to know what the best rom is out there right now. i've heard that its features or stability. i really want to know what the "best" one would be for the best signal. i get terrible service at my house and only get one bar sometimes so i was wondering if any radio would help that because i really text alot. would a different radio even help my signal? im thinking abot flashing gingerbread ed09 or community rom v1.3 ...

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ ALL OF THE STUFF ABOVE BASICALLY I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE "BEST" NEW ROM IS AND IF I CAN DO ANYTHING TO IMPROVE MY SIGNAL

thanks guys.

my current settings:
hw version: i500.04
2.2.1 firmware
S:i500.04 V.ed04 baseband
keernel: 2.6.32.9
build number: sch-i500.ed04

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: what'a the best ROM for me ?

I have been getting a good experience with CM7 but I will tell you that in general the signal reception on this phone is not the best. Not matter which radio/rom you are using.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
When you're talking about signal, try not to worry too much about how many bars you see at the top. If you want to know what your signal really is go to Settings > About phone > Status and look at the signal section. This will be shown in a negative dBm rating. The lower the better. On average, I'll run in the mid 80s at my house, which is perfectly stable for calls, texts, and 3g when I'm not on wifi. As long as you're below the high 90s I wouldn't worry much about it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: eric12

chromium

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

well i'm just going to go back to com rom v1.3 for a while and see if i try cm7 ... which one of cm7 shud i dl theres a whole list but are they all for fascinates? is any single build more stable?

edit: actually im going to flash miui and see how i like it ... if i flash it am i going to be on stock kernel, radio and modem still?
http://forums.miui.us/showthread.php?1469-ROM-Samsung-FascinateMTD-1.8.5

double edit: ok guys what do u think is better miui , com rom v1.3 or cm7 ?

im looking for the overall best one thanks

Last edited:

chromium

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

edit:

so i decided ill just return %100 to stock then get the latest ota updates. from there i need to root my phone so i can flash cm7.
how do i root my phone on the latest ota update.
after that i can flash the cm7 rom then use cm7's recovery to flash gapps and anything else i need from there.
is this the correct way to root and flash to cm7 ?
thanks

and this is the tut im following from jt
http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php...genMod-7-for-Samsung-Fascinate-(fascinatemtd)

Last edited:

xairrick

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:
Reactions: curley

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

I was running CM7 with Glitch, but switched to PowerWash Gingerbread this weekend. GPS is working again, speaker volume is normal, bluetooth is working, no more phantom rings.

If you haven't flash in a while and just want something works, get PWGB

This is by far the best GB ROM out right now. Make sure if you flash this ROM you also flash the touch screen adjustment also. It helps with any issues where your screen does not respond. At least it did for me.

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
OK, I'm on stock ED05. If I Odin the PWGB EH09 will I have CWM also? Or do I have to dl that separately? If so, should I do it before I Odin the EHO9 rom or afterwards?

xairrick

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
OK, I'm on stock ED05. If I Odin the PWGB EH09 will I have CWM also? Or do I have to dl that separately? If so, should I do it before I Odin the EHO9 rom or afterwards?

you'll have to install CWM separately. I did it afterwards. don't forget to apply the permissions fix v2 after you get CWM on there.

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Trying to flash the Powerwashed EDO5 gingerbread but have reached an impasse. OK phone is sitting here with big bright triangle with text underneath "Downloading... Do not turn off Targett!!!". I have the .tar file queued up in Odin. Phone connected to USB port. However the ID:Com box in Odin remains blank.
I am now afraid to unplug or power down the phone or anything. How do I get out of this so I can try a different port or cable??

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Trying to flash the Powerwashed EDO5 gingerbread but have reached an impasse. OK phone is sitting here with big bright triangle with text underneath "Downloading... Do not turn off Targett!!!". I have the .tar file queued up in Odin. Phone connected to USB port. However the ID:Com box in Odin remains blank.
I am now afraid to unplug or power down the phone or anything. How do I get out of this so I can try a different port or cable??

Well, I took a chance and just unplugged and plugged cable into USB on back of computer. Still nothing. :-[ Well---duh. I forgot to download the Samsung Fascinate USB drivers. Links in the how-to stickies did not work properly. Took me to a website but no drivers. Finally found them on the Samsung website. Installed them and then I was able to run Odin and am now PowerWashed. Guess it will take me a few days to get my homescreens set back up in LauncherPro Plus tho. :D

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site

This is by far the best GB ROM out right now. Make sure if you flash this ROM you also flash the touch screen adjustment also. It helps with any issues where your screen does not respond. At least it did for me.

OK, I have this rom now and CWM red recovery. I did not see a touch screen adjustment file anywhere. What have I missed?

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

I was running CM7 with Glitch, but switched to PowerWash Gingerbread this weekend. GPS is working again, speaker volume is normal, bluetooth is working, no more phantom rings.

If you haven't flash in a while and just want something that works, get PWGB

Everything seems to be working well enough for me so far, but I am intrigued by this ROM. I think I may have to give it a try. There are a few things I miss from the TW-based ROMS including the camera and media player etc - also being able to use the camcorder at high quality again would be nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge