Camera FC's on CM7 Nightly 35

wckdjugallo

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I recently updated to nightly 35 and ever since I update (cleared cache, dalvik, and data wipe) I am unable to use my camera without getting a forceclose whenever I try to take a picture. I can take video just fine and the camera app functions until I hit the button to capture a picture. Anyone offer any help or advice?

wckdjugallo

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So no suggestions? Just wipe and re-install CM7? Is there a way to just reinstall the camera app or a better one? Any information I can add that would make it easier to suggest a simple fix for this?

sparesr4sissies

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
So no suggestions? Just wipe and re-install CM7? Is there a way to just reinstall the camera app or a better one? Any information I can add that would make it easier to suggest a simple fix for this?

I think I remember seeing somewhere that people were replacing the camera app with a different one. I'll see if I can find it again.

sparesr4sissies

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I am now seeing that the nightlies are being updated again. #54 is out now. I'd give that a shot first, then see what else you can find as far as replacing the camera app.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

If you are having problems with the AOSP camera on CM7 you can also consider the option of switching ROMs to the Pool Party ROM by TSM. Sbrissen has successfully ported the TW camera to the ROM and it is an AOSP Gingerbread ROM.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
If you are having problems with the AOSP camera on CM7 you can also consider the option of switching ROMs to the Pool Party ROM by TSM. Sbrissen has successfully ported the TW camera to the ROM and it is an AOSP Gingerbread ROM.

This. The only thing is I don't think the camcorder works. Once the camcorder works I'll be jumping in the pool.

There's also APKs at XDA for the MIUI camera which is quite good. Not sure how you would replace the CM7 camera.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol