Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JaeKar99
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default su binary update

ive been running sc 2.9 for the last 8 months or so and lately ive been getting a notification that the su binary is out of date. when i go into the apps that ive used while rooted, they say that my phone is no longer rooted.

anybody have any suggestions?

thanks

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Default Re: su binary update

Quote Originally Posted by smor89 View Post
    ive been running sc 2.9 for the last 8 months or so and lately ive been getting a notification that the su binary is out of date. when i go into the apps that ive used while rooted, they say that my phone is no longer rooted.

anybody have any suggestions?

thanks
    You would do well to go to a newer release ~ You are not going to find any SC 2.9 support any more.. There are a ton of ROMs out there that are stable enough.. Check here: Current 2.2 & 2.3 ROMs, Kernels & Radios..

Been on CommROM for months no issues recently switched up to Pool Party no complaints.
    Confucius: “Never use a cannon to kill a fly.” - Take off and nuke it from orbit.. ~~^^~~
    Thanked by:
    smor89 
    smor89 likes this.

I got same message a few days ago. Try opening SuperUser and update it.
    Steve

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

I updated via the market and then updated then updated the binary from the new su.
    Confucius: “Never use a cannon to kill a fly.” - Take off and nuke it from orbit.. ~~^^~~

If you do the su binary update, does it reset your phone again? I did the superuser update in market and now it is telling me my su binary is out of date and wants me to update it. I am worried. The last android update I did on my phone undid my root. I went back through rooting again and it wiped everything from my phone. Now it wants the su binary update and i am worried it will do the same thing. Any advice?

Elite

ROM
    AOKP Build 33

The binary update is not an Android update. It won't wipe your phone or undo your root

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

my root is gone. the message that i keep getting is that the current su binary location cannot be found and so it cannot be updated

ROM
    Jelly Belly

Try downloading the new su from the market and then see if you can update the binary. If not, try flashing the su+busybox zip.

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanGB 1.1.2-MTD

this is what worked for me...

look in the market for SU Update Fixer. install. run the process. done.