MiUi boot loop

imokurnot

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I was running miui latest and greatest. Now I am in a boot loop I can't mount cache SD card data ect. I tried Odin back to stock and it just sits there. I was able to push CWM fixed for all but I can't get this to do anything but go into Blue CWM The more I do the worse it gets. Do I just reformat sd, cache ,data,datadata and system?
Update. I was able to get back to the boot loop. still can't figure this out. Any help would be appreciated.
I reinstalled Samsung drivers but my computer doesn't recognize the phone so I am stuck using my laptop. I searched other threads but nothing worked so I apologize if this seems to be a duplicate thread.

Jmac9

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I was running miui latest and greatest. Now I am in a boot loop I can't mount cache SD card data ect. I tried Odin back to stock and it just sits there. I was able to push CWM fixed for all but I can't get this to do anything but go into Blue CWM The more I do the worse it gets. Do I just reformat sd, cache ,data,datadata and system?
Update. I was able to get back to the boot loop. still can't figure this out. Any help would be appreciated.
I reinstalled Samsung drivers but my computer doesn't recognize the phone so I am stuck using my laptop. I searched other threads but nothing worked so I apologize if this seems to be a duplicate thread.

Which MIUI version were you running? You say you were running the latest and greatest but were in a boot loop. What were you doing before the boot loop? When you were trying to ODIN, were you using the atlas PIT file too and apparently there are only three stock ROMS you can use to get back coming from MIUI.....which were you using?

Here is a good thread to get you fixed:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1124391

Reactions: imokurnot

imokurnot

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
1.9.3 I was loading extended controls and it went in too the loop. I have it recognizing my Sd again. I tried to odin froyo,
I just can't get it to recognize cache so I can't use my backup.
I appreciate your response.
edit C1500_VZW_ED05_FROYO_REL is what I am tryng to Odin
I keep getting the
E:Can't mount/cache/recovery/command
E:Can't/mount/cache/recovery/log
E:can't mount/cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open?cache/recovery/last_log

When I try to restore it checks Md5 sums
Erasing boot image
restoring booot image
restoring system
error mounting/system
skipping format
Can't mount/system
Should I try manually formattng the cache or system?

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
1.9.3 I was loading extended controls and it went in too the loop. I have it recognizing my Sd again. I tried to odin froyo,
I just can't get it to recognize cache so I can't use my backup.
I appreciate your response.
edit C1500_VZW_ED05_FROYO_REL is what I am tryng to Odin
I keep getting the
E:Can't mount/cache/recovery/command
E:Can't/mount/cache/recovery/log
E:can't mount/cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open?cache/recovery/last_log

When I try to restore it checks Md5 sums
Erasing boot image
restoring booot image
restoring system
error mounting/system
skipping format
Can't mount/system
Should I try manually formattng the cache or system?

Did you follow the instructions from the linked thread and use the PIT file in the PIT box in combination with the stock ROM flashed in the PDA box and did you also have re-partition checked? You absolutely must do this when flashing from any MTD based ROM such as CM7, MIUI, Pool Party, or Vanilla Gingerbread.

imokurnot

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Did you follow the instructions from the linked thread and use the PIT file in the PIT box in combination with the stock ROM flashed in the PDA box and did you also have re-partition checked? You absolutely must do this when flashing from any MTD based ROM such as CM7, MIUI, Pool Party, or Vanilla Gingerbread.

imokurnot

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I changed the usb port I was using and followed the instructions, everything is working fine. Thanks to both of you for your help.I have very limited internet access where I live so searching the threads becomes tedious. It took 2 hours to download the right zip lol

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I changed the usb port I was using and followed the instructions, everything is working fine. Thanks to both of you for your help.I have very limited internet access where I live so searching the threads becomes tedious. It took 2 hours to download the right zip lol

Ouch. Yeah I guess that would severely hamper your flashing and modding.

imokurnot

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I guess that is the price you pay for privacy. My house sits in the middle of probably 100 acres, I am over 7 miles from the nearest cell tower DSL or cable isn't within 4 miles so mostly I use 3G/2G thru VZW's snappy service.... did say snappy? I meant crappy. I guess I am stuck with them because I own nextels dead spot and no one else has service on my property.