Can't get my contacts to sync

Robo

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Just loaded pwgb last night and I can't get my contacts to sync. It appears that gmail doesn't have them but verizon has an older version of them. Any suggestions on how I can get them from verizon?

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just loaded pwgb last night and I can't get my contacts to sync. It appears that gmail doesn't have them but verizon has an older version of them. Any suggestions on how I can get them from verizon?

They have an app called Backup Assistant in the market. I assume you uploaded them via that feature on an older phone which is why they have an old copy.

Robo

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
They have an app called Backup Assistant in the market. I assume you uploaded them via that feature on an older phone which is why they have an old copy.

I can't seem to find it when I search for it........kinda feel wetotted I can't get this to work. I have flashed I don't know how many roms and the contacts always seemed to reappear on their own??

gulfcoastsurf

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I am not 100 percent on this but I dont think pwgb has the backup assistant what I did was before i loaded that rom I backup all my contacts onto my sd card the imported them into pwgb

Robo

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I am not 100 percent on this but I dont think pwgb has the backup assistant what I did was before i loaded that rom I backup all my contacts onto my sd card the imported them into pwgb

I agree thats what I should have done but I didn't.....now I need to know how to at least fix some of my screwup

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You can download them from Verizon's website to a file and import to your google account or copy to your SD card then import.

This ^^ is what you do. I had to do this once also. You log into your verizon account from your computer. On your main account page, look down to the lower right of the page you will see Backup Assistant. Click on that link and it takes you to the backup assistant page which will list all your contacts. At the top of the contacts list you will see an "actions" button. Click on that and choose "export contacts" or something like that. That will create a CSV file. Log into your Gmail account, go to contacts, and import the CSV file. It should automatically sync to your phone.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The problem I'm having now is that I have all the names and contacts on my phone, but they show the phone numbers and I cannot use it to dial.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12