MIUI to CM7

logantk

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I used to be on the Fascinate now I'm on the Incredible 2. I saw no one had responded so I will lend my limited experience. First do a Nandroid backup of your current rom, so you will have a point to go back to if something goes wrong or you decide you don't like your new rom. Then when flashing a new rom

Wipe Data (This will erase all your data except SD card data! Do a TitaniumBackup to allow yourself to quickly restore all your apps)
Wipe Dalvik Cache
Wipe Cache (the last two are different Dalvik Cache is in Advanced settings in ClockworkMod Recover)

I usually wipe Dalvik Cache and Cache several times (2 or 3) it avoids problems in the future. Then you're all set to flash the new rom.

You will do this same procedure if you decide to go back to an older rom by Restoring a Nandroid backup. I have found when you upgrade to a newer version of the same rom you just have to wipe dalvik and cache not data, but this isn't always true usually the Dev will tell you if you cant. Hope this helps and if the Fassy is a different procedure than the DInc2 correct me.

Reactions: tekhinator

tekhinator

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I used to be on the Fascinate now I'm on the Incredible 2. I saw no one had responded so I will lend my limited experience. First do a Nandroid backup of your current rom, so you will have a point to go back to if something goes wrong or you decide you don't like your new rom. Then when flashing a new rom

Wipe Data (This will erase all your data except SD card data! Do a TitaniumBackup to allow yourself to quickly restore all your apps)
Wipe Dalvik Cache
Wipe Cache (the last two are different Dalvik Cache is in Advanced settings in ClockworkMod Recover)

I usually wipe Dalvik Cache and Cache several times (2 or 3) it avoids problems in the future. Then you're all set to flash the new rom.

You will do this same procedure if you decide to go back to an older rom by Restoring a Nandroid backup. I have found when you upgrade to a newer version of the same rom you just have to wipe dalvik and cache not data, but this isn't always true usually the Dev will tell you if you cant. Hope this helps and if the Fassy is a different procedure than the DInc2 correct me.

Thanks for your response. I flashed via RomManager and it went great.

hindustani8

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Do you like CM over MIUI? I have been using Blackhole 4.3 for awhile and I was pretty happy with it. I just recently switched over to the CM7.1 and having some issues with connectivity. I wanted know if these are common issues or it's my phone. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969