Password prompt on CM7

bxojr

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I suspect this is an AOSP issue and not specific to CM7, but I thought I'd ask if anybody has any ideas.

My employer requires that I use a password lock on my phone. When I was running a TouchWiz ROM (most recently PWGB), this wasn't a huge inconvenience, because it only prompted me for the password if the phone had been locked for more than 30 minutes. If I picked up the phone after only a few minutes, I just got the slide unlock screen.

Apparently that was a Samsung tweak, because it doesn't work that way on CM7. I get prompted for the password every single time I unlock the phone. There does not seem to be a separate timeout for the password lock.

I know there are apps in the market that can delay the password reprompt, but from what I've seen they do so by actually turning off the password and then turning it back on. That's not an option for me because the corporate software I'm running has admin rights and controls whether the password is active.

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but ... is there any way to change the timeout for the password reprompt, independent of the screen lock? If not, I think I'm going to have to go back to TouchWiz!

EDIT: Thanks to a tip from elsewhere, I found the CyanogenMod lockscreen settings, which look like they might do exactly what I want. I've made some tweaks and will see if I get the behavior I'm looking for while still satisfying the corporate security policy. Maybe I'll be staying with CM7 after all...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital