Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ExpertZero
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    PowerWashed EH09/EC09

Default PWGB beta 3 MMS issues?

i am a little confused and maybe i missed something, and not having (or wanting) an account on xda, i'm gonna have to ask here...lol, here goes

i have the newest (beta 3) PWGB and my sms works fine... i can't send mms i get the error that was being worked on from the start "invalid address" ... after reading like 239847380248957 pages i was under the impressoin that was fixed in this version ...

i tried using one of the patches on this version and it hung on samsung screen... sooo started over from scratch, restored data from nandroid... and still can't send mms... (using stock app)

am i missing something?
    "Rule # 1. Dont panic. I started with rule number one because that seemed the logical place to start. However i had nothing to panic about, so i just looked silly. We wont talk about that." - gunnermike53

ROM
    TSM RES/TKSGB BE

Default Re: PWGB beta 3 MMS issues?

did u follow all instructions and, after one full boot, odin cwm and flash fix permissions zip? if so did u try dialing *228 option1
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    PowerWashed EH09/EC09

yes and yes... followed all install instructions, to a tee.. that's why i'm wondering if i'm the only one with this issue...lol

someone help?
    "Rule # 1. Dont panic. I started with rule number one because that seemed the logical place to start. However i had nothing to panic about, so i just looked silly. We wont talk about that." - gunnermike53

ROM
    TSM RES/TKSGB BE

You say u restored data... data from what? From A different rom? sounds like that is breaking something. Have you tried odining rom again with a fresh setup? Just throwing things out there
    Last edited by big_limits; 10-15-2011 at 04:40 PM.

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    ROM
    OMFGB 1.3.1/Glitch

Quote Originally Posted by big_limits View Post
    You say u restored data... data from what? From A different rom? sounds like that is breaking something. Have you tried odining rom again with a fresh setup? Just throwing things out there
    +1
    I am that dude that wishes Salma Hayek was my wife.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    PowerWashed EH09/EC09

Quote Originally Posted by big_limits View Post
    when i restored the data it was from the same rom, when i put PWGB on my phone i started fresh...then mms issue, so i tried the patch on the OP and that stuck me at samsung logo, that's when i started a new PWGB with atlas and just restored data for my apps and to get txts and calls back.

* i believe the issue is fixed and it may have been caused by the theme i was using, i just put a newer version of the honeycomb theme that notta has on xda and it's working now, and that's the only thing i changed...
    Last edited by ExpertZero; 10-15-2011 at 08:25 PM. Reason: issue fixed?
    desertdocnm likes this.

hi expertzero.... i am currently having the same problem as you did and am wondering how you fixed it. i flashed my fascinate with [ROM][i500][09/01][EH09][ODIN][2.3.4] PWGB v2.0b3 TW-Based ROM. i just realized that sending picture messages fail and say that i have 'an invalid address'. however i'm able to text and receive pictures no problem. i'm not sure if you have the same issue or not but i'm hoping you could help. thanks so much.