SCH i-500, DAC/AMP question

akabaka4

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
alrighty, this forum (primarily mike, sheep, shark, droidx, jt) has helped me with problems a-z on this phone of mine and i've only asked one question before. But, another has arisen!

Recently I became hi-fi hungry and power searched the internet for a good set of headphones. I just bought the Beyerdynamic DT770 80ohm PRO on ebay.
I thought i was gonna need to buy an amp with DAC to bypass my phone and mac's soundcards, but then looked at supercurios voodoo sound, and i reckon with that theyll do the trick. But, my macbook pros soundboard, the intel HD, isn't so hot, and i don't think its going to be able to power my 80ohm headphones to their potential. (the phone might not do 100% but it should be good)

But, my question, does anyone know if there is a way bypass the macbooks soundboard, using DAC/usb plugging in the android, playing the music through its amp, out its headphone jack?

This Fiio e7 unit, is basically what I am trying to replicate.

domenci

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
there are some macbook pros that are equipped with a combo headphone/TOSLINK optical jack... get the right cable and you get pure digital audio directly from the laptop (hopefully yours is equipped)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34