Help, please!

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, I tried to go all the way back to stock with dl09 and the atlas file. This was to get rid of cm7 and go to the espresso that's out now. I've had nothing but problems though. This of the first time that I've tried to use the atlas file. Every other time I've left that field blank, and trust me, I've bricked my phone a lot, and it's always seemed to work, but I wanted to make sure this was as clean as possible, since I've ben having some issues

Ok... What happened...

I ran these in odin, and tried rebooting at least once to let dl09 "take", but it went to stock recovery, and wouldn't let me go any farther. Just would keep rebooting to recovery without using the three finger method. So, I tried flashing cwm 4 just to see of that would kick it out, and nothing. Just same rebooting to recovery, and reboot would just bring me back to recovery. I'm a but worried, because I've never had trouble with odin not fixing my problems, so I'm wondering if I messed something up. A fast response would really help as I have a just day today, and can't afford to be down long. Thanks in advance!

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I just tried out again, and I forgot about an error message that I get in the stock recovery...

E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (invalid argument)
# manual mode #

Please, help. Thanks, guys!

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I'm not sure about the first time, but I did after it didn't work the first time. Please... Any other option? I'm still phone-less. I opened the dl09 in the pda slot (checked), opened the atlas 2.2 file in the pit area, and checked the re-partition area.

Update: Now I've gotten it to boot to "samsung", and then it just sits there. Think that was after flashing dl01 with the atlas pit. I need help still.

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys... Ok - I figured I'd share. I will officially never use the pit file again. Don't use this guy's word as the only opinion, but I had ZERO success with it in combination with any other file in the PDA slot.

I tried about everything under the sun until I just decided to try the original DI01 file that I had (with no partition or pit file). It finally worked! I'm back up and on Espresso right now. Happier than ever that I've decided that the stock DI01 file reformats the filing system back the way it should be to be stock.

I also wanted to say thanks to you guys for showing real concern. I still have no idea why the instructions that work for EVERYONE else wouldn't work for me, but I tried about everything that anyone said - short of reformatting my sd card (since I was pretty sure that wasn't the issue).

I'm also sorry I couldn't show appreciation until now. My wife's phone (the only internet I had over the weekend) bit the dust too (just happened to be at the exact same time I had screwed mine up for a while). So - thanks again for the help.

Last comment for anyone that may be having the same trouble. On the first time that I finally got it working - I happened to have the sd card out of the phone when I flashed the DI01 file - don't think that was necessary, but it is something to try. Thanks again, guys - you all are really so helpful!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007