Trying to load StupidFast 1.54 on my Fasincate

levelxplane

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Currently using SC 2.9.2. Way better than the stock kernel, but I'd like to get more out of my phone, so I downloaded Clockwork by recommendation from a friend, and downloaded what appeared to be a stable ROM called StupidFast 1.54.

Download went fine, and then I started the install, and before the reboot, asked me if i wanted to Clear the Delvik Cache, Clear my memory cache, and back up my current ROM, to which I said yes to all three.

Then it rebooted my phone to that red menu, and i went to "Install from sd card" and then went to clockworks directory where the SF1.54 zip was.

I hit install, but it says syntax error in update script.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this problem?

ExpertZero

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
to be honest from what i've found it's a trial and error process, just gotta find one you think you're going to like and give it a whirl for a day or three then try another one until you find one you really like. as far as if you're looking for themes and kernel to go with your rom, i'd shoot for the more popular as you're going to have more stuff out there for that rom. i'm partial to the TouchWiz roms so the one i've been using is PWGB (power washed ginger bread) and been pretty happy with it... just read thru the postings on the roms about what people are saying and you can get a good idea if you're going to like it or not... and don't be afraid to try... and ask questions... and read and re-read stickies ... trust me lol.

good luck on your quest to find the best rom/kernel for you. :cool:

levelxplane

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, I kinda just found it while fooling around with the menus in Clockworks.

It sounded fast, and was advertised as 100% stable. Normally I am more skeptical about things like that, but I've been so annoyed by SC lately.

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I dont know what u mean found it in clockworks? You mean you found it in Rom Manager? I want to point out that you shouldnt even use that for the fascinate. Take Sushiguys suggestion. I would also suggest to read more before "fooling around"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital