Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Default 2.3 OTA Update Error

Hi guys. I have tried many times to update my VZW Samsung Fascinate phone OTA to the version 2.3. Right now I am on 2.2.2. Each time I try to update I get this error ":UPDATE FAILED OR INCOMPLETE. reason: IP_START_UPDATE" Any ideas on what this really means and how to get passed it?

I do have a rooted phone. I don't know if this matters or not. I don't know how to unroot, so if I need ot, I would very much appreciate the link to help me do that. I did think I found a way using terminal emulator, but when I followed the instruction It says that busybox wasn't found. Also, after i typed in all the commands to supposedly unroot, I can still use Adfree and Titanium backup, so it leads me to believe I'm still rooted.

Anyone have any recommendations for getting past this strange error when updating to 2.3? Thank you in advance!

ROM
    Stock EH03 with SC3

Default Re: 2.3 OTA Update Error

Either go to this process [ROM][ODIN] ED05 - Stock ROM, Radio, Kernel - Not rooted "leak"

Or go to XDA forum and ODIN Geewiz 2.3 here [ROM][KERNEL][RECOVERY][11.30.2011] GeeWiz 2.3 EH03 TouchWiz Debloated - xda-developers , EH03 ROM/Kernel/Modem included and it's debloated too.

Over at xda, there is also a full EH03 package for Odin.

ROM
    PowerWashed Gingerbread

Default Re: 2.3 OTA Update Error

AFAIK Rooted phones wont be able to get the OTA.

You'll have to update manually as posted by amante & kevin above.