0.00 internal memory and can't mount SD Card in CWM Recovery

kbpease

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I am completely stuck trying to get my Fascinate back to stock. Let me see if I can sum up the issues I am having on my phone;

After mistakenly flashing I9000 which led to a soft bricked phone. Since then I have spent the past four or five days researching and trying figure out how to get it fixed.

Phone shows 0.00 internal memory
Can't mount SD Card in CWM3-Voodoo-Blue E: Unable to mount sdcard so i can't install update.zip or even install a new kernel
Permission denied ... E: Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1

While I don't remember flashing a voodoo kernel using Odin, I am getting all of the same errors. I can't get CWM to do anything with the SD Card

Phone stats:
Firmware 2.2.1
Baseband version S:i500.04 V.EB01
Kernel version 2.6.32.9
Build number SCH.I500.EB01

I can only get the following to run on my phone, EC10SC292x_DXC.tar.md5 from Droid Forums (Super Clean version 2.9.2 - EB01/EC10 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmod with MALWARE protection).

I have tried everything out there with no luck. Everything except the therad How to completely remove Voodoo Lagfix over on XDA. The link for the orginal.mbr is broken and I can't find the file anywhere.

Can someone re-post or steer me to the original.mbr file for the Fascinate?

I would really like to get the get it back to stock and then go from there.

Last edited:

kbpease

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Understand the CWM doesn't have anything to do with the SD card just wanted to provide the symptoms.

As for the XDA link, I have tried numerous times but Odin gets stuck at the movinand file install every time and fails. I then try to use Heimdall and it will load on the the phone but still get 0.00 internal memory along with the other errors.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Understand the CWM doesn't have anything to do with the SD card just wanted to provide the symptoms.

As for the XDA link, I have tried numerous times but Odin gets stuck at the movinand file install every time and fails. I then try to use Heimdall and it will load on the the phone but still get 0.00 internal memory along with the other errors.

Did you repartition using the PIT 2.2 file? You need to do this as a part of the first step in ODIN.

kbpease

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I used PIT 2.2. I will re-download everything later tonight and try everything again from scratch.

Tried to do everything from scratch again last night and still nothing. Does anyone have the original.mbr file for the Fascinate that i could flash to help remove the voodoo lagfix issues I am having?

Last edited:

kbpease

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Hard to believe there's no fix out there for this but I've tried everything and still end up with 0.00 internal memory and CWM unable to access the sd card.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

brex

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
what was the I9000? About half a year ago I mistakenly flash an AT&T Captivate rom to my fascinate. I had to buy a usb jig to get it into download mode. After that a run through with Odin left it perfect.

kbpease

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
what was the I9000? About half a year ago I mistakenly flash an AT&T Captivate rom to my fascinate. I had to buy a usb jig to get it into download mode. After that a run through with Odin left it perfect.

I can get it into download, that's not the issue and i can even get it into CWM recovery but no access to sd card or internal memory.

Wondering if i could reformat the internal memory using ADB to force the issue?

Frxzogg

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem with my Samsung Verizon Fascinate SCH-I500.

- Mistakenly flashed an I9000 rom.
- Phone shows 0.00 internal memory
- Can't install update.zip
- E: Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
- Odin freezes at movinand.bin every time

Used Heimdall with atlas_v2.2.pit to nurse it back to 99% health. It's now running 2.2.2 / ED05 / 2.6.32.9 just fine EXCEPT it loses all contacts and calendar on power down and refuses to talk to Gmail. I'm using the YouTube hack for Gmail but it gets a bit tiresome. Oh, and a few force closes.

And the fundamental problems are still there - 0.0 internal memory, won't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1, and won't take an update OTA.

Help! How do I wipe / reformat / repartition the internal memory on a Samsung Fascinate and start clean?

Monjed Mansour

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I m new as android user .I buy cheap android tap named statr-x.when l downloaded from play store it show the message error retrieving data however I solver the problem from app setting and the default browser was well downloading .till now I didn't insert any external SD card . tow days later the browser show SD card unavailable when trying to download any file .in storage setting can't mount memory .when I insert micro SD it show mounted in storage setting but still the memory not and so like when I insert it in memory card reader as mounted USB storage in both cases mount memory option is not active.seem like the browser meant by SD the memory.how to mount memory .no option in browser for downloading to specific directory in browser setting. I reset to factory setting uselessly. the camera no longer working asking for SD and the default file explorer read the micro SD contents under SD tap but under hard disk showing internal storage which was showing the system files earlier.what to do please help.knowing that internal storage show total 1 GB and the flash memory of the tablet is 4gb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca