Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rom - tsm resurrection 2.0

This has been updated to EH03/Version 2.0 and posted over at XDA.

According to the Developer, nitsuj17, "this version of res is basically built from the superclean base..."

Have fun flashing!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1274561
    Last edited by lpt2569; 01-10-2012 at 09:21 AM. Reason: corrected link

Default Re: Rom - tsm resurrection 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by lpt2569 View Post
    This has been updated to EH03/Version 2.0 and posted over at XDA.

According to the Developer, nitsuj17, "this version of res is basically built from the superclean base..."

Have fun flashing!

[Rom]{1.10.12}[EH03] TSM Resurrection 2.0 (touchwiz4/tsm parts) - xda-developers
    How do you like this compared to SC milestone 1?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by taglish123 View Post
    How do you like this compared to SC milestone 1?
    Haven't tried it yet! I was on the previous version of TSM Res, but it was a bit too glitchy on my phone. But I loved the customization and look of everything. I'm going to try this updated one this weekend. So far all the comments over at XDA are positive.

Superclean has been the most stable ROM I've used, that and awesome battery life has been what makes it my favorite. But TSM RES has a lot of really cool stuff baked in, so it's worth trying at least for a little while just to see what is possible with a great custom ROM.
    icu

Global Posts
    405 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 11/Tinykernel

Yeah, I'm sitting back and waiting. I loved TSM Res - all the customizations and options from TSM Parts are fantastic, but it was very glitchy. I think it's even been admitted that the low RAM of the Fascinate makes TSM parts tough to run without issues.

If after a few weeks people are generally happy I think I'll have to give it a try. We'll see.

Superclean 3 with the KGB trickle kernel has my Fascinate performing the best it has ever had. Staying put for now, don't know if there is enough difference to flash. Even though I'm having flash withdrawal since leaving the CM nightlies !
    Steve

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by sfobrien View Post
    Superclean 3 with the KGB trickle kernel has my Fascinate performing the best it has ever had. Staying put for now, don't know if there is enough difference to flash. Even though I'm having flash withdrawal since leaving the CM nightlies !
    Same here...SC3 has been awesome...but I'm itching to flash something!

ROM
    TSM Resurrection; KGB

I ran Res 1.2 since the start and loved it. 2.0 is very stable, though I never ran SC. As stated, it seems Res 2.0 is the perfect marriage of customization and stability.

Tapatalk, what!

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Belly

TSM Res 2.0 is much more stable now that it's built off of EH03. TSM Parts still slows it down a little bit, but not enough to be a deal breaker. One note of caution though. If you use Backup Assistant, it's not working out of the box on Res right now. You can fix it by pulling the android-syncservice apk out off system/app in Superclean and put it the same location on TSM Res.
    Thanked by 2:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Loaded it up last night...my itch to flash something got the best of me! I forgot how much I really like TSM Parts...now I hope notta gives us a theme to go with this.
    icu

Global Posts
    405 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 11/Tinykernel

Would be great to know what radios kernels everyone is using on this.

I'm a leankernel fanboy so I've not tried TKS/KGB in a while - by trickle kernel does this mean that it allows trickle charge i.e. my phone won't start the day at 72%? If so I may have to leave my comfortable little install and venture forth.

Quote Originally Posted by icu View Post
    Would be great to know what radios kernels everyone is using on this.

I'm a leankernel fanboy so I've not tried TKS/KGB in a while - by trickle kernel does this mean that it allows trickle charge i.e. my phone won't start the day at 72%? If so I may have to leave my comfortable little install and venture forth.
    EH03 and yes the trickle kernel allows the device to stay charged at 95% or higher.
    Steve

icu

Global Posts
    405 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 11/Tinykernel

EH03 and yes the trickle kernel allows the device to stay charged at 95% or higher.
    Out of curiosity - this is a great feature - why does he have kernels with and without this feature? Is there a side-effect or risk to this fix? Why would someone opt for the non-trickle? Thanks.

Out of curiosity - this is a great feature - why does he have kernels with and without this feature? Is there a side-effect or risk to this fix? Why would someone opt for the non-trickle? Thanks.
    I know some have reported no problems with the trickle charge with the stock EH03 and Superclean and others have the issue like our devices. Maybe the trickle kernels were designed just to fix the ones that do. I would think eventually they would be combined, but either way a big thanks goes out to the developer.
    Steve

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

I may have to leave my comfortable little install and venture forth.
    Be brave, good man! Have no fear, and venture forth to the land of TSM Resurrection...you will not be disappointed. 24 hrs on it so far and not a single glitch or hiccup. I did my best to put it through its paces today, and everything worked with zero issues, other than a tiny bit of lag here and there.

I'm sticking with the stock kernel, but try the KGB kernel, folks rave about it, if it works for your phone. There are also a couple themes already over at XDA as well, courtesy of notta.

I'm enjoying TSM-R 2.2 on my Fascinate. I just installed it today as per the instructions on this howto (using stock eh03):
    [GUIDE] Installing a Rom/CWM recovery/Root or going back to Stock - xda-developers
    I'm on Verizon. Everything worked great except the backup assistant which I fixed as atomD21 suggested. Now everything is rockin. The phone is running faster. The interface looks better & is more responsive. The default apps work great. Root access has been a blast. Thanks to everyone who makes all this work. I'm hooked

P.S. I realize this is an old post. but it was still useful for me.