Occasional touch screen freeze on PowerWashed GB

semmelbroesel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi.

After having a few minor issues (especially speed) with the Stock GB ROM, I decided to look around and eventually went with PowerWashed GB since it seemed the most light weight while still being similar enough to stock.

(I know there are other choices out there, and I might still try some, but for now I have PW, and the question is for PW - please don't suggest other ROMs unless you happen to know that the following is a known issue with PW :) )

I don't know if this is the cause, but occasionally (especially in the middle of a few select games), the touch screen will stop working completely. I have to lock the phone and unlock it, then it will work again. But the same game will freeze it again within less than a minute.
Sometimes it happens during regular use of the phone (i.e. not while using specific games), but it happens very frequently with specific games. (Don't remember which one it was, but I can find out and post that if someone thinks it will help).

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Seems to be a trend with custom GB ROMS. May be something that the lighter versions remove from the stock form of the ROM that causes it, or GB itself. I have the same problem on 2 different Fascinates both running GeeWiz 2.3. Seeing how this is the only problem I have with this ROM setup, I don't let it bother me too much.

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that too when running GB Roms built off of EH09 or EI20. I never had that problem with EH03 based ones though.

semmelbroesel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your replies.
It is always good to know that I'm not the only one :)

So I guess I'll go back to checking out Roms and will have a look especially at the EH03 based ones.
Let's hope that the developers on xda have found a replacement for megaupload...

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
GeeWiz 2.3 is EH03 based and still has the problem. Other ones may be worse, I have not tested them so I cannot say either way, but there doesn't appear to be any particular build that does/doesn't have this issue.

semmelbroesel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh, that sucks...

I don't think I ever had this issue with Froyo, so looks like something that got "introduced" in GB...

Does anyone know if this only happens on the Fascinate or also on other phones?
I still have a year before I can upgrade phones again, but even with the bugs the Fascinate so far still has been the best phone I have had!

It's also weird that for the first few months (!) of using this ROM, everything worked fine. Then all of a sudden this issue turns up, and since my last reboot my battery capacity has gone down to about 25%, i.e. the charge lasts only about 25% as long as it used to before the reboot...
Just weird random issues :-/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie