back to Verizon stock gingerbread

skopel

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I have a Verizon Fascinate. A year ago I was getting frustrated waiting for Froyo, so installed my first rom. Loved the process and the result. Then to get gingerbread I went to CM7.1, the first CM for the Fascinate. I enjoyed all the CM tweaks, but my gps became wonky. It took forever to lock on to satellites. This past weekend I went to CM7.2 to try to fix this gps problem, but CM7.2 made several things not work. So yesterday I installed the Verizon Stock Gingerbread rom. I guess, if I had waited for all the OTA updates, this is where I would have ended up. Though I enjoyed my road through the CM world, I have to say that with the stock Verizon rom, my phone works perfectly, better than ever! I give Verizon props for doing it right. So I resolved to stick with it. That resolution lasted for 10 hours. Then I rooted and began looking for ICS. Now I know, though, that no matter what I do to mess up my phone, I can always get it working perfectly by going back to the Verizon stock rom.

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I had a lot of trouble with CM7 on my fassy and was a fan of the stock EH03 gbread over CM7. However, I now run THS's ICS BUILD 6.5 and I will never go back. It works better than GB all day long. Look into it, I think you'll agree.

anon268366

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I was on teamhacksungs ics 7.1, which is more complete than 6.5, however I switched to aopk, it had more options and regularly gets new builds. Just my 2 cents. But yes ics is the way to go

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Of course if you're going to stick with "stock" I'd highly recommend going with Super Clean 3. Get yourself some Voodoo action and the KGB kernel and you'll be a happy camper just like me.

I do want to give AOKP a go, but everything works so great right now I'm in no rush.

Is "everything" working in the current build?

anon268366

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah all the essentials seem to be, of course being in no rush I would wait till they take care of the minor things.

EDIT: build 31 is running great

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Last edited: