Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock (for now)

Default Loving Gummy ICS ROM

I took the ICS plunge with Gummy 0.9 and have flashed a few nightlies since then. There were some issues with lag initially, but they appear to be fixed. The ROM is snappy, stable, and slick - FULL of extras.

v1.0 was just released yesterday. I'd highly recommend it if you've been waiting until "it was safe to go in the water."

Everything is over at XDA:
    [ROM][AOSP][4.0.4][CDMA] Gummy 1.0.0 - 04/12/12 - The Remodel! - xda-developers

Coming from Gingerbread, I followed the directions in the thread Guide: How to flash ICS

A few lessons I learned along the way:
    - Flash both the ROM and gApps before rebooting (and you need flash gApps each time if flashing nightlies)

- Don't do a full data recovery from Titanium Backup- it will hose you browser and SMS. Instead, just select the specific apps (avoid SMS and browsers) that need data backed up.

- Apex Launcher (included in ROM) for ICS Rocks! Bye Bye Go Launcher (but you were great for G'bread). You can also save your Apex settings - handy if flashing nightlies.

Try it out. I feel like a have a new phone. I haven't tried other ICS ROMS, so can't compare. But, I've got no complaints - this might be my last ROM until I upgrade my Fassy at the end of the contract.

Default Re: Loving Gummy ICS ROM

How is call sound and speakerphone?
    Steve

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock (for now)

Normal call volume is fine. And the volume on speakerphone is good, but apparently the caller will hear an echo on their end.

I believe there are some call volume tweaks built into the ROM also. I have tried them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by semibru View Post
    Normal call volume is fine. And the volume on speakerphone is good, but apparently the caller will hear an echo on their end.

I believe there are some call volume tweaks built into the ROM also. I have tried them yet.
    Thanks
    Steve

Thumbs up Loving Team Gummy's ICS ROMs!

You guys are the best! Rockin' Gummy 1.0 on my Fassy and my Bionic. You need a Team donate button. There is just too damn many of you. With all the different builds. It'd be like buying a round at O'Harrahs on St Patty's day! Thanks for all your hard work, all of you.

Has anybody messed with oc/uv? What settings?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    Stock (for now)

Default Re: Loving Team Gummy's ICS ROMs!

Quote Originally Posted by spinwizard View Post
    You guys are the best! Rockin' Gummy 1.0 on my Fassy and my Bionic. You need a Team donate button. There is just too damn many of you. With all the different builds. It'd be like buying a round at O'Harrahs on St Patty's day! Thanks for all your hard work, all of you.
    I agree with you completely, but can't take any credit. Click over to XDA and you'll find a handful of donate links. Indeed they do awesome work and there's been quick turnaround on bug fixes.

I just wanted any others like me that were on the fence about trying ICS to know it it's for real on a Fassy. BTW, I personally haven't tried tinkering with any OC/UV settings. If you do, note their caution on the XDA OP:

YOU MUST UNCHECK ANY OVERCLOCK UNDERVOLT BOOT UP OPTIONS YOU HAVE SET BEFORE INSTALLING

Quote Originally Posted by semibru View Post
    - Don't do a full data recovery from Titanium Backup- it will hose you browser and SMS. Instead, just select the specific apps (avoid SMS and browsers) that need data backed up.
    Just wondering - Titanium Backup has this new feature to attempt to "Migrate system data" specifically for using different ROMs. It has worked well for me when switching from Froyo to GB or to GB PowerWashed.

Any experience if that might help in recovering browser and SMS data correctly when going to ICS?

i tried installing gummy, and when installing the zip it didnt seem to actually install, just rebooted and now is in a endless loop.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    Stock (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by dark96 View Post
    i tried installing gummy, and when installing the zip it didnt seem to actually install, just rebooted and now is in a endless loop.
    Just throwing out ideas....

If coming from Gingerbread, did you first install Build 2 and have the right files on your SD Card? It's also using a newer version of CWM (CWM4) than I had used before. I followed the instructions on the post below exactly and it worked for me:

Supa's Useless Information: How to flash ICS on the Samsung Fascinate!

There are a lot of little details, including choosing the PIT file to repartition. Also, with CWM4, you no longer do the three-finger boot to recovery. Instead, choose the recovery boot option from the power button menu.