Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ryangur
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    ROM
    JT's JB CM 10

Default Working Jelly Bean..

JT (developer god for our fascys) has put out JB from source for our phone.

Everything works, except GPS and Galaxy settings. This is ALPHA 1.. and its running quite well for me.. its pretty neat.. check it out and get the new hotness on your phone!

Thanked by:
    sushiguy732 likes this.

ROM
    CM10

Default Re: Working Jelly Bean..

I've had this up and running on my fascinate for a few days now and it's going great! I'm just using it on wifi, but it's very smooth and does just fine running all the apps that I need.
    icu

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.1

I will jump to JB when things seem a bit more stable and complete - I'm wondering if people notice a significant UI "buttery" performance boost. To me it's the most desirable thing about JB (that and the new notifications that allow actions/input).

ROM
    AOKP Build 33

There is some lag and there are some bugs..waiting is as great idea. Overall it is quick and hopefully it will get quicker as they smooth things out.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    ICS

will try when i get cwm working, thanks and great work.

Thumbs up Re: Working Jelly Bean..

this ROM works great, runs much faster then i expected, faster then stock gb. Minor issues i found is the camera is a bit slow and gets transparently visible colored lines across it.
    i appreciate this work and thanks.

edit: gapps install fine from rom default recovery not clockwork mod, set minimum cpu freq to 800mhz and left max at 1000mhz which makes it alot smoother, and fx camera works great instead of the buggy rom camera. hope this helps anyone.
    Last edited by jeromyraider; 08-08-2012 at 02:01 PM.

ROM
    AOKP ICS build 38

I am waiting for a more stable version. My Fascinate has been running really slow lately on ICS. I guess it seems much slower because I'm comparing to the GS3 and Nexus 7, but i'm going to put JB in the phone and that will be it. I hope this phone will be revitalized again.
    icu

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by s14tat View Post
    I am waiting for a more stable version. My Fascinate has been running really slow lately on ICS. I guess it seems much slower because I'm comparing to the GS3 and Nexus 7, but i'm going to put JB in the phone and that will be it. I hope this phone will be revitalized again.
    For ICS are you still running Build 38 and are you using the IcyGlitch kernel?
    I only ask because I've had great luck with Milestone 6 + the 1.02b Devil kernel. I've tried several other kernels adjusting settings and I have had performance issues, but for whatever reason when I got this ROM and kernel together it was like night and day - not perfect but very smooth and very rarely a glitch or stutter (although it does happen).

I remember a while back the Team Hacksung dudes were working on bringing the Fascinate TouchWiz stock camera over to ICS. Anyone know if this was accomplished. I'm loving ICS and AOKP specifically, but I do miss that camera. I've been using Zoom FX for a while and it's good, but not as good. Shame AOSP camera just plain stinks.

I'm using his latest release 8/19 downloaded from here:

It has worked without any problems I've noticed for a day so far. If anything breaks I'll be sure to let everyone here know.

And just after I post I notice this...

Last edited by muiriddin; 08-20-2012 at 08:57 AM. Reason: messed up the URL

Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

Quote Originally Posted by muiriddin View Post
    And just after I post I notice this...

Great news! I am already rockin it!
    עם ישראל חי

Okay, the last release before the nightly builds started, my first post above, had an issue with volume and speaker phone had a nasty echo to it. I can confirm that the first official nightly build seems to have fixed the volume issue I was experiencing (when I changed it during a call it would sometimes drop extremely low, this would happen when using the physical buttons and only the buttons, if I used the onscreen buttons I could fix it). I have not had a chance to check the speaker phone issue since re-flashing.
    Last edited by muiriddin; 08-21-2012 at 06:31 AM. Reason: needed to add the last sentence

I am running the 8-21 CM10 fascinate nightly and a *228+ (add that plus so you can actually type in the 2 to update your roaming) call caused the 3g service to drop to 0 bars and I had to reboot the phone to get back to working 3g service.

So any update on the speakerphone issue? I've tried CM before and loved it except for the 1) in-call volume and 2) speakerphone issues. Had to remove CM due to these.

If the speakerphone doesn't work, the ROM is no good to me. The device is a phone and having it use the speaker is no exception in my opinion. I keep getting told that MTD ROM have this problem, but I don't understand it.

Anyway, before I rant further... can you provide feedback as to how the speakerphone is working with CM10 before I bother flashing? Keep in mind that you have to get feedback from the parties on the other end of the line during a call as your side will sound perfect.

Thanks for any info!

Well I can now provide some feedback on the speakerphone under CM10. It's the same as CM7 and CM9 - it's horrible and useless. The party on the other end can hear himself in an echo. On my end, all sounds just fine. Despite efforts to boost in-call volume (DSP), and adjust the speakerphone mic, while CM seems to be a really cool ROM, it just can't seem to address the speakerphone issue. With more and more laws being made to go hands-free while driving - speakerphone is a must. Besides, the devices are PHONES and whether the call is done through the internal earpiece or speaker, it should handle that one function as a minimum in my opinion.

I did some brief reading about MTD ROMS (as I've been told speakerphone is an issue with MTD ROMS), but I still just don't get it. MTD is a technology which uses a different partition size. I just don't get how it relates to speakerphone or why it prevents such from working. Have to go back to SuperClean (unless someone has another suggestion). I really like CM, but this one issue, just this one issue, prevents my use.
    icu

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.1

I wonder if you've ever tried AOKP? I've been using AOKP ICS m6 for a while now and it's been working wonderfully for me. I've not encountered any issue with the speakerphone etc.

SuperClean 3 is great, but maybe give ICS a shot? I am quite happy with the way it's performing till the the JB roms become a bit more stable/but-free.

I just installed the AOKP JB 2012-10-01 build on my daughter's Fascinate and it appears to be rock solid. The Nova Launcher that comes with it (in case you want something other than AOSP, which is a choice) was a pleasant surprise.

This JB build is a pleasant surprise. It has given new life to a phone I was afraid I was going to have to replace because it was so slow.

Scott
    Mine: Misc Flips -> LG Env -> BB 8330 -> BB 9530 (S1) -> DroidX -> Droid Bionic!
    Wife: Misc Flips -> BB 8330 -> BB 9530 (S1) -> BB 9550 (S2) -> Droid X!
    Kids: Samsung Fascinate (2) --- Family: Rooted Nook Color (2)
    Ya just gotta LOVE how Android lets you customize your devices how YOU want them!