Odin fails, Heimdall problems, fascinate bricked?

Drake King

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
let me give you a quick rundown...

i'm trying to get my old fascinate back to stock. i recently got the newest galaxy nexus, so i don't need the fascinate anymore, but was thinking about selling it or giving it away, but wanted to go back to stock first. i was running AOKP milestone 6 (i think it was m6, anyways)

first, i tried going back to stock using EH03 and atlas pit via odin, which i've done quite a few times in the past in between roms
this time Odin failed, though. i tried again, and it just went through super fast and i kept getting succeeded 0 / failed 0. i tried a bajillion times and this happens everytime.
so, then i tried Heimdall. but i can't even get the drivers installed. when i go to zadig, in download mode, the only things listed are my webcam and wimax - samsung composite (or anything samsung) is not listed. i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the samsung drivers. nothing.

i'm using the stock usb and have tried all 3 ports on my laptop

the phone just boots to the samsung logo and stays there indefinitely. can't get it to boot into recovery, either.

help?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
let me give you a quick rundown...

i'm trying to get my old fascinate back to stock. i recently got the newest galaxy nexus, so i don't need the fascinate anymore, but was thinking about selling it or giving it away, but wanted to go back to stock first. i was running AOKP milestone 6 (i think it was m6, anyways)

first, i tried going back to stock using EH03 and atlas pit via odin, which i've done quite a few times in the past in between roms
this time Odin failed, though. i tried again, and it just went through super fast and i kept getting succeeded 0 / failed 0. i tried a bajillion times and this happens everytime.
so, then i tried Heimdall. but i can't even get the drivers installed. when i go to zadig, in download mode, the only things listed are my webcam and wimax - samsung composite (or anything samsung) is not listed. i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the samsung drivers. nothing.

i'm using the stock usb and have tried all 3 ports on my laptop

the phone just boots to the samsung logo and stays there indefinitely. can't get it to boot into recovery, either.

help?

Do you have another computer in the house?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
yeah, i have the yellow android triangle "downloading.... do not turn off target!!!!" screen

Unplug remove battery. Plug usb into a different port in the back of the computer. With the battery still out plug the phone on and hold down till it goes into download mode. See if it connects

Drake King

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah, i actually tried a new cable this last time. i was using the stock cable from the fascinate, but just tried the cable that came with my nexus, too. same thing. uninstalling the samsung drivers now and reinstalling ones directly from samsung. worth a shot.

Drake King

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
ok. i tried with the nexus cable, newly installed samsung drivers, and a usb port in the back. same thing. i get the downloading screen on the phone, but windows registers it as an unknown device and says it didn't install properly

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
ok. i tried with the nexus cable, newly installed samsung drivers, and a usb port in the back. same thing. i get the downloading screen on the phone, but windows registers it as an unknown device and says it didn't install properly

I don't know what to say keep trying ports and cords.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
No the battery normally doesn't have to be out to enter Download Mode.

The trick that DroidXcon is referring to is..

• Disconnect the device from computer
  • Remove the battery and leave it out
  • Plug into the computer via USB cable
  • Now enter Download Mode with the appropriate button configuration
  • Open Odin and see if the device is now recognized.
  • If device is recognized then proceed forward flashing the tar files.
  • When complete if all goes well disconnect, pop the battery back in and boot up.

Drake King

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
ok, for some reason i'd always been under the impression that the battery needed to be out for download mode, so i've always done it with the battery out. this morning, i tried the wall charger trick (getting it into dl mode via the wall charger, then popping in the battery and plugging it into the computer) - still not recognized.

this one might actually be dead. sigh.

thanks for all the help, you two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo