Fascinate system dump :)

jokerls240

Nov 10, 2009
www.facebook.com
So can we use this dump to eliminate Bing altogether? Phil found that even using Launcher Pro w/ Google Search, searches are being redirected to Bing somehow. Would this be a browser configuration or some other system configuration?

I used to be fairly adept w/ Linux, but it's been a while. Couldn't find a Bing config in the dump files....

Possibly a Verizon proxy server redirecting the searches?

Edit: I understand that we would have to obtain root first to change any system files, but we can at least start on the ROM now.

redboneqt

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
How and what can we do with this bonanza of goodies. I want more live wallpapers and I'm the root-challenged one. How can I get the wallpapers on my phone using my cable and Root Explorer! Help a sistah out!

jokerls240

Nov 10, 2009
www.facebook.com
This is a dump (copy) of the system files from the Fascinate that are not normally accessible from the phone when connected to a PC.

Most people use the dumps for custom ROM building, while others will just grab the ringtones, alert tones, and factory wallpapers from the system dump.

willenium_1217

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Since I can't have the digital clock that I actually like on Launcherpro because it is a samsung widget, can I use the APK to install it into the phone and then use it?

fatalpuls3

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
can anyone suggest how to install the cityid app i think this is the last item i need for the udpate to take its currently stating ip_previous_update_failed

ive restored vznav and by installing the system dump apks