How to Root

Status
Not open for further replies.

ardor67

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure many of you know the excitement of getting a new phone...I know about computers, but I am really having trouble learning how to root a phone. Is someone willing to skype and so I can get this done?

mikeb1715

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Rooting

hello can someone please help my first time rooting trying the one step one click method and getting no results please help someone please ...........are there file i need to download to phone or something
please help asap please

thanks in advance mike

jchoi625

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Unroot help!

Can you upload a "how to unroot video"? Maybe even explain the unroot process step-by-step like you did for the rooting process?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Bhilly82

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my phone and installed the wifi here is what my phone teather scored

and here is what my verizon air card scored at the same location 1 bar on both units

abel_1one

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I tried rooting my Verizon Samsung Fascinate with my Macbook via USB cable (set phone to USB debugging (check)), following Cory's video instructions and method, and after "push" command, the system answers "ERROR: DEVICE NOT FOUND" Can anyone help me with this, I have tried to Mount and Unmount, I tried changing Mass Storage mode to Media Sync mode, I tried reseting phone to Manufactor settings, I deleted and re-downloaded the Android_sdk_Mac_X86.zip and Fascinate RAR, and yet cant get my MAC to "Find" device.

Since I kept getting these errors, I thought to myself that the "1 click root" method was stupid proof easy, and I used my Gateway laptop and dowloaded DIRKK's Driver and Fascinate root file, and everything seemed to be working right, it Pushed the files, and successfully exploited, however when it comes to installing root files and delteting temp files, the system responds with **ERROR: DEVICE NOT FOUND, and same as the mac method I uninstalled all files, and re-installed them with no luck just the same result.

Is there something wrong with my phone?? my Mac and PC does not seem to find device! I'd appreciate any help or suggestion.

kriscris

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Rooted my phone yesterday after having it for 2 months. Wanted to remove some of the bloat and I will probably need the tether capability in the near future. The one click method worked flawlessly took longer to get the samsung drivers to work than anything else. My wife got a Fascinate at Thanksgiving and now she wants hers rooted even though she doesnt know what it means. Thanks for all the help I did quite a bit of research before doing it and this post made it seem easy.

RobUM2011

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
...newbie here.
What is "rooting:, and
why would I want to "root"?

Similar to jailbreaking an iPhone. In short, it will let you do things to your phone that the carrier might not want you to do - download/install unapproved apps, remove apps installed by VZW, etc...

missmax

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
newbie says....

Similar to jailbreaking an iPhone. In short, it will let you do things to your phone that the carrier might not want you to do - download/install unapproved apps, remove apps installed by VZW, etc...

ooooo.... I don't think I'm ready for that!
Thank you so much for your response!
:eek:

abel_1one

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I tried rooting my Verizon Samsung Fascinate with my Macbook via USB cable (set phone to USB debugging (check)), following Cory's video instructions and method, and after "push" command, the system answers "ERROR: DEVICE NOT FOUND" Can anyone help me with this, I have tried to Mount and Unmount, I tried changing Mass Storage mode to Media Sync mode, I tried reseting phone to Manufactor settings, I deleted and re-downloaded the Android_sdk_Mac_X86.zip and Fascinate RAR, and yet cant get my MAC to "Find" device.

Since I kept getting these errors, I thought to myself that the "1 click root" method was stupid proof easy, and I used my Gateway laptop and dowloaded DIRKK's Driver and Fascinate root file, and everything seemed to be working right, it Pushed the files, and successfully exploited, however when it comes to installing root files and delteting temp files, the system responds with **ERROR: DEVICE NOT FOUND, and same as the mac method I uninstalled all files, and re-installed them with no luck just the same result.

Is there something wrong with my phone?? my Mac and PC does not seem to find device! I'd appreciate any help or suggestion.

I think after the update this method doesn't work, I think Im just about ready to give up on this, spent about 2 days trying to figure it out, good luck for those who try it :confused:

hercmech

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Still no joy on the root, I have run it through and it just seems to go right on past the restart, it looses it and says that no device is found as it restarts. Anyone know what I may be doing wrong? I really would like to get this done, so please any help would be super greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

tbraquet

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok I have Windows 7 Pro 32bit. Downloaded and installed the drivers. Tried downloading the Fascinate 1 click root. When I try to extract it, it gives error "Unexpected end of archive". Any ideas? I have turned off my antivirus because it detected an infection in the file. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan