How to Root

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Its at the very bottom of the tutorial it says Fascinate.rar

Ahh. Thanks for that. When I start command promt and type "adb push c:\fascinate\su /sdcard/su", I get the following; "error: device offline".

I have debugging enabled & the sd card mounted. What am I doing wrong?

dmartin1972

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Samsung Fascinate root

Hello there. I am truly a newbie to rooting and wondered if someone could help me with this? I need detailed, step by step instructions. LOL Sorry I am just not terribly computer literate. I would also like to know about the lag fix that makes the phone faster on the benchmark tests. Thank you.

smoke5643

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Hello there. I am truly a newbie to rooting and wondered if someone could help me with this? I need detailed, step by step instructions. LOL Sorry I am just not terribly computer literate. I would also like to know about the lag fix that makes the phone faster on the benchmark tests. Thank you.

I second that motion. I am computer literate and this all seems like greek to me. PLEASE someone do a youtube or a more in-depth step by step for some first time rooters.

Also, how much of a performance increase do you see with the lag fix? Any more available memory?

Last edited:

Panthersfan86

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
ok, never rooted the hard way before, i can follow it all the way up until you get done with push, etc after that i'm completely lost lol. and what did you mean by it will probably be different on your computer??

Panthersfan86

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

yes i agree, but lets take it one step further than a video or step by step:cool:. does anyone know if maybe the unrevoked devs are working on an easy root, or for that matter are any well known devs working on an easyroot?? also, does anyone have an estimate on when an easyroot for this will be out:confused:?? because i really cannot stand the thought of Bing:mad:, but at the same time with out an exact step by step i'm doubtful i wont brick my phone and even then idk i might still brick it.:D

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Ahh. Thanks for that. When I start command promt and type "adb push c:\fascinate\su /sdcard/su", I get the following; "error: device offline".

I have debugging enabled & the sd card mounted. What am I doing wrong?

Well plugging the phone into a different usb port seems to fix this error. Problem now is when I run the same command, instead of getting the "offline" comment, I now get "permission denied". Oye!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
If I had fancy video equipment I'd do it, but honestly I'm sure an easyroot method will be here before you know it.

That said, dirrk really did a nice job of spelling it out step-by-step. If you get stuck on a step for some reason, just post here for help. You're amongst friendly and helpful people.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Well plugging the phone into a different usb port seems to fix this error. Problem now is when I run the same command, instead of getting the "offline" comment, I now get "permission denied". Oye!

You said you mounted the SD card. I don't recall doing that, nor do I think you should. Give it a shot.

Dirrk

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
yes i agree, but lets take it one step further than a video or step by step:cool:. does anyone know if maybe the unrevoked devs are working on an easy root, or for that matter are any well known devs working on an easyroot?? also, does anyone have an estimate on when an easyroot for this will be out:confused:?? because i really cannot stand the thought of Bing:mad:, but at the same time with out an exact step by step i'm doubtful i wont brick my phone and even then idk i might still brick it.:D

After my girlfriend goes to bed I will go down stairs and do a picture tutoria to make this noob proof. Its hard to do a one click root with that exploit because there is no set time for the exploit to finish. I will see what I can do about making one though.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
So what if I am using a mac? Anything different?

• You don't need to worry about drivers
  • You do need to download the Android SDK for Mac.
  • Instead of opening a command prompt - you will instead open Terminal
  • Wherever dirrk uses the adb command you will need to add ./ in front of it, as shown in the following example:

adbexample.jpg

Dirrk

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm at the wait part...been waiting like 5m. Should I hit something or retry?

Yeah just go ahead and hit control alt delete and kill adb and start cmd up again and do adb shell. If it connects and has $ wait a little longer if it comes up with # continue on. However if it doesn't connect at all restart your phone and run the rage.bin again, sometimes it will freeze your phone and the exploit wont finish and you have to restart it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01