Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to go back To stock

[warn] Adviser Edit: This Method no longer applys please see the stickied threads in the Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks section. [/warn]

Download the attached Files

Remove any lagfixes first!
    Check my sig for Lagfix and it will show how to uninstall

Power off your phone
    Hold Volume Down while plugging it into USB to your computer

Open odin
    Select PDA
    Browser for Stock-i500-VZW-System.tar.md5
    Hit Start

Thanks to Angel for this I am only posting it because I keep getting the question of how to go back to stock. Check out his OP over at xda his name on there is fallingup
    Last edited by DroidXcon; 04-25-2011 at 10:00 PM.
    Google Plus+
    Current Devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 - Samsung Charge
    Thanked by 12:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks for the link! I was looking for this information.

Will doing this require you to somehow "activate" your phone again or is everything based on Verizon's end?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by computergeek737 View Post
    Will doing this require you to somehow "activate" your phone again or is everything based on Verizon's end?
    I have only done this on a device I bricked, the phone was never programmed to begin with but if you do need to activate it it should bring you to the activation screen right away then just hit activate and option 1 or if your at the homescreen type *22899 and no options
    Google Plus+
    Thanked by:
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

So you didn't need to take it back?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    So you didn't need to take it back?
    No I have 2 devices so the one I bricked I kinda figured I would have done it. I used the method I posted on here to bring it back. I knew prior to bricking the device that I would have the method posted on here to bring me back if needed.
    Google Plus+

So, this is required when FROYO comes out then? In order to get the update?

ROM
    CM10 Euroskank

If I brick my Fascinate can I recover it? I should get mine tomorrow and will follow the instructions i have found here. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by josue View Post
    So, this is required when FROYO comes out then? In order to get the update?
    It shouldn't be but it is possible that certain modifications will prevent OTA updates. This should only be necessary in worst case situations (ie. Dirrk's brick)

Might be getting off topic, but after the new update, will all this rooting and fixing be necessary still?

Reason I ask, is if the update is on the horizon, I'm wondering if I should just wait to root and do the lag fix (already 80% done with the google fix, still need to rename) until after the update, to avoid any fiascos I may create for myself...lol
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Martian View Post
    It shouldn't be but it is possible that certain modifications will prevent OTA updates. This should only be necessary in worst case situations (ie. Dirrk's brick)
    This is 100% correct. ^
    I only posted this so people that needed to go back to factory stock, for any reason, they would have an easy method.
    And just so everyone knows rooting did not brick my phone, I intentionally tried to load something I knew probably wouldn't work and it didnt just as I expected.
    Google Plus+

must we check usb debugging right after plugging the phone in? random question, but what exactly does usb debugging do?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by yankdez View Post
    must we check usb debugging right after plugging the phone in? random question, but what exactly does usb debugging do?
    It wouldnt matter.

Debugging allows us to connect to the phone using adb (android debugging bridge). To issue linux commands through a shell, install apps, uninstall apps, reboot into recovery and a couple other things
    Google Plus+
    Thanked by:

I'm getting a 404 error trying to get those files. Not sure why, they look like they should work.

[QUOTE=Dirrk;345451]Download the attached Files

Oops! (404)
    We can't find the page you're looking for. Check out our FAQ or forums for help. Or maybe you should try heading home.

Oops! (404)
    We can't find the page you're looking for. Check out our FAQ or forums for help. Or maybe you should try heading home.

ROM
    EB01 superclean 2.4

Is there a official way to restore your phone to original setting by that I mean a clean installation of the OS and everything else that makes it the way it was when we took it off the box?

Since I rooted my phone and took it back to stock, it's been acting weird, navigation doesn't work, maps doesn't work, its way too laggy and just doesn't feel right.

So, I take it.... when 2.2 comes out, if we haven't received the OTA update in a few days we should unroot?

Quote Originally Posted by elycore View Post
    Is there a official way to restore your phone to original setting by that I mean a clean installation of the OS and everything else that makes it the way it was when we took it off the box?

Since I rooted my phone and took it back to stock, it's been acting weird, navigation doesn't work, maps doesn't work, its way too laggy and just doesn't feel right.
    I would go into Privacy - Settings and do a factory system wipe and start over from scratch. I saw this too, and it was related to the /dbdata files that didn't get reset when I restored the /system partition or wiped the cache.

You'll lose everything data wise that's not saved on your SD card, but it should get you back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by namebrandon View Post
    I would go into Privacy - Settings and do a factory system wipe and start over from scratch. I saw this too, and it was related to the /dbdata files that didn't get reset when I restored the /system partition or wiped the cache.

You'll lose everything data wise that's not saved on your SD card, but it should get you back to normal.
    This will re-install touchwiz and all files even if you've deleted or renamed some of the stock bloatware?

Quote Originally Posted by stayqued View Post
    This will re-install touchwiz and all files even if you've deleted or renamed some of the stock bloatware?
    Good question, I actually don't know. I've only ever done it in conjunction with a restore of /system from the odin files. I know it will blow away and rebuild /dbdata, and it may pull files from /bml8.. I don't know where the source files come from.

I guess if you're considering doing this, be prepared one way or another to go back to stock everything. Here's how I used it..

phone was bricked.. reflashed kernel, /system, and recovery. Phone booted but OS was "strange". It wouldn't register with Google services, Google Voice would force close, etc.. Just felt "broken". I went into recovery, wiped cache, and did a "restore to factory /systemp wipe". Then I got back into the OS, skipped the registration, went to Privacy -> setting, and did another wipe.

After that I was back to stock, I could register with Google, no more force closes, etc..

I had root and just did the Settings > Privacy > Factory Wipe process on my rooted Fascinate. Took me back to, what appears to be, bone stock. I had to re-sync my gmail account, but did not get a notice to activate the phone. However, the bloatware I had renamed when rooted does not appear. For example, I now have no browser and the search hot button does not work. I suppose my options would be to re-root and rename the files again or use the quick back-to-stock method.

may need this when/if i decide to root.. kind of on the fence right now.. i'm not really having any problems..

so i followed the instructions and it said "pass" at the end, assumed it worked properly

after i open the phone i can still use titanium backup..does that mean im still rooted?

Titanium should not load if you are not rooted. Do you still have superuser?

yeah i still have superuser...i have both icons still in the applications drawer...and my rootexplorer still opens too. when i used the steps provided it all worked with no errors..did i miss something?
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast