Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wireless Tether 4 Root on Fascinate

anyone have wireless tether for root users up and running on the fascinate?

I've never tried it specifically, but tethering itself works fine. I personally use Barnacle Legacy.
    Last edited by namebrandon; 09-16-2010 at 10:43 AM.

I've tried it, it works fine. Used it for 2 mins, and then went back to using my normal connection...

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

been using it for a few days, works perfect. Use this one.

wireless_tether_2_0_5-pre9.apk - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users 2.0.5-pre9 *** EXPERIMENTAL *** - Project Hosting on Google Code

The one from the market doesnt work, its an older version.
    Thanked by 2:
    DroidDevrw9 
    rw9

ROM
    Blackhole3.0|12/30nv

Quote Originally Posted by Beto View Post

wireless_tether_2_0_5-pre9.apk - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users 2.0.5-pre9 *** EXPERIMENTAL *** - Project Hosting on Google Code

That version worked like a champ... Thanks

Ok i rooted and installed that version, i turn on to start tethering but DL is .4kb and UP is .1...and computer won't connect to it?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ok - how exactly do i get that installed? i scanned the qr from your link and it downloaded, but its nowhere to be found...
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

n/m... i got it. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by yevgenchy View Post
    Ok i rooted and installed that version, i turn on to start tethering but DL is .4kb and UP is .1...and computer won't connect to it?
    I've had the same problem. My laptop uses vista, but I've gotten it to work on my wife's laptop that uses windows 7.

i AM running windows 7 and it doesnt work!

Global Posts
    345 Global Posts

I just tried this app out. My XP laptop connects peer to peer but no websites load. Am I doing something wrong?

Default Re: Wireless Tether 4 Root on Fascinate

I tried the one linked above and tried to connect my ipod touch - it connected but when I tried to load the browser or anything else that needed a connection it wouldn't load.

Quote Originally Posted by yevgenchy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by idkmybffjill View Post
    I've had the same problem. My laptop uses vista, but I've gotten it to work on my wife's laptop that uses windows 7.
    I had that problem with the motorola droid, usually have to reboot phone and bring up wifi tethering software again. Also do not use wep or access control. Both are buggy

Does this tether app only work for connecting one device at a time? I'm connected to it right now, but I can't see the connection with my desktop computer or my PS3.

what does this actually do

Default Need to pay VZW fee?

If you root the phone, and you use wireless tether, do you still have to pay the $15 or $20 to VZW each month for wireless tether access? Or is that fee only for the tether app that comes with the phone?

No you won't be charged the hotspot fee if you're rooted and using the wireless tether app.
    F34RTEHDR01D

Global Posts
    544 Global Posts

Lol. Awesome. I used it to connect my Xbox 360 Halo Reach SE to Live, and play a few rounds of Reach. Worked extremely well. I started a demo download to see what type of speeds I'd reach, got 1200kb/s on -96dBm signal.

During game play, download and upload never exceeded 60Kb/s. I did experience a few lag spikes but nothing that would make me concerned that the connection was bad.

After disconnecting, I checked my running apps. I noticed that the built in Hotspot app was showing as active. I'm not sure what that means, or if I'm being charged data.

What about the warranty? Is it voided if I root the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyPatt View Post
    Does this tether app only work for connecting one device at a time? I'm connected to it right now, but I can't see the connection with my desktop computer or my PS3.
    I've been having problems too. My laptop can see the connection, but won't connect. My PS3 doesn't see the connection at all. From what I've read, we can't use this app with a PS3 because it doesn't support ad hoc connections. As for why certain computers are able to see/connect to the connection and others are not, I've talked with two IT people and nobody knows.

Add me to the list of having problems. I can't get Wireless Tether OR Barnacle to work. I'm definitely rooted. Like the poster above, my laptop sees the available ad hoc networks, and it acts like it is connected but it connects with an exclamation mark and it won't load any websites, etc.

What's really weird is I had wireless tether working just fine on my first fascinate. This is a replacement device and it won't work.

ETA: I think I discovered my problem...I have a static IP address due to a port forwarding setting I'm using on the router...these wifi tether programs don't like static IPs. As soon as I delete the static IP Barnacle Legacy worked just fine. I actually didn't test Wireless Tether. Will update when I do.
    Last edited by French; 09-29-2010 at 07:04 AM.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Default Cant download the latest Wireless Tether version

Quote Originally Posted by Beto View Post

Looks like the link to the newest version may be temporarily down. Does anybody have the ability upload or attatch to a post?
    F34RTEHDR01D

Global Posts
    544 Global Posts

I just tested the link, and it's working fine.
    Thanked by:
    aes55 

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I just tested the link, and it's working fine.
    Thanks, seems to be working now.

namebrandon, I just gave Barnacle legacy a shot, works perfect! Thanks for tossing that one out there.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast