n00b rooting questions

blak422

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
So the main reason I want to root my phone is to install LagFix, get rid of BING, and the bloatware installed in it. My main concern is being able to revert the rooting i I have to. Ive been reading for the past few days and found out about clockworks (i think) that is used backup your phone, but the app has issues with lagfix. Can any1 gimme the scoop on this?

FloorMatt

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Rooting questions

I am also a noob so take this for what it is worth. I had a mixed bag of results with the lagfix, it did help a little usability wise. Mostly I just saw a jump in quadrant scores. Adding root and getting rid of the proper bloatware seemed to have much more of an overall effect on my phone. Just make sure you only get rid of some bloatware though,i got too aggressive and bricked my first the weekend after release. Hehe follow the forums they are quite informative. I never put the lagfix back on the second one and it's still fast. CWM is much more important than lagfix IMHO.

blak422

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
so you would recomend CWM instead of lagfix? As far as bloatware ive been reading that renaming is the best thing to do, and thats what i have in mind. So CWM indeed created a full recoverable flash of the phone?

FloorMatt

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I personally don't have a need for lagfix....and not sure it didn't cause some of my earlier problems. So yeah I would prioritize CWM over lagfix. As far as bloatware goes I renamed and then copied (not cut) what I didn't want into folder on sd card. Name doesn't matter but I labeled mine "stock apk" for ease of locating. Then I went back after verifying that it did copy and deleted what I didn't want. Cory has a great sticky on what is safe to move at top of this sub-forum. Shouldn't matter because android is much better with memory, but i came from BB. Currently have 170MB of free internal memory to work with.:) And that did make a difference in speed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12